Chapter Twenty-One

Corpse pov

I'm sitting in the hospital waiting nervously for the news to be delivered to me.

"L/N?" A nurse comes out.

Y/N's dad, sister, Karl, and I all stand up and walk over to the nurse.

"Who here is Karl Jacobs?" she asks.

Karl raises his hand slightly and steps forward.

"Y/N has put you in charge of all her medical decisions, so I assume you two are very close," the nurse states, reading off her clipboard.

"She's my best friend," he states sadly.

"Well Karl Jacobs, your best friend is breathing. She should be waking up soon, would you like to go see her?" the nurse asks.

"Yes! Please," he pleads hopefully.

"You can choose one person to come with you," she says looking to the rest of the group.

Karl looks at both Y/N's father and sister, but they both insist that I should go.  The nurse then leads us back into Y/N's room. She opens the door and lets us walk in before walking away.

Seeing Y/N hooked up to the machine breaks my heart even more.

"N/N?" Karl calls quietly. He sits beside her and holds her hand.

I stand by the door to be respectful.

Y/N stirs. Karl and I are both alert.

"Karl?" she chokes out looking at him.

"Yes, its me," Karl confirms.

She looks over to me. She tries to say something but ends up coughing.

"Shh babygirl. Save you breathe," I say walking over to the side the side that Karl is not on.

"Wh-who are you?" she asks me.

I try to read her face to see if she's joking, but all I see is pure confusion. My heart shatters to the floor.

"I'm Corpse, Corpse Husband," I introduce myself.

"Corpse? That's an interesting name," She says, her voice is raspy.

"Thank you," I say, my voice cracking as a tear rolls down my face.

"Why are you crying?" She asks concerned.

"It's nothing. I'm fine. I just need to step out of the room for a moment," I say before getting up and leaving the room. I run to the nearest bathroom and throw up.

None of this can be real.

Right?

Y/N pov

The man that goes by Corpse Husband leaves the room and I turn towards Karl to see him crying too.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why is everyone crying?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"Do you really not remember what happened?" he asks.

"What do you mean? What happened?" I question.

"You almost drowned at the cabins," he explained.

"Our cabins? Its November already?" I ask.

"Yes, our cabins. What all do you remember?" He asks.

"I don't know. It was early October last time I checked. The last thing I can remember doing is getting ready to stream among us with this big group of people. Actually, I think Corpse was one of them. Did that already happen?" I explain.

"It did. You streamed that night. Do you want to watch it? It might help you regain some of your memory," Karl suggests.

"Sure," I agree.

He pulls out his phone and goes back to my stream. I scoot over on the bed and let him lay next to me.

~~~~~~

"You can just stick with me if you'd like" a really freaking deep voice says.

"Woah. Who the hell just said that?" I asked, amazed by how someone's voice can sound like that.

People laugh and the voice says," Me, Corpse."

"Woah dude. Your voice is awesome," I admit.

"Aha thanks," he says shyly.

~~~~~~

I watch as Corpse and I stick together for most of the stream.

"I called him after," I say suddenly.

"What?" Karl asks confused.

"Corpse. I called him. I remember facetiming him, but I couldn't see his face. He's a faceless streamer and music creator," I explain.

"You remember that?" he asks.

"Kind of, its really fuzzy still," I say shyly,

"That's okay. We'll take it slow. I'm sure you'll remember it all someday," Karl reassures me.

Just then the doctor came in and explained what we already found out about my head trauma. He said that I would be in the hospital for another 24 hours to monitor my breathing before I can be let go. He also said that he's unsure how much of my memory will come back.

I hope its all of it.

Please let it be all of it.

Ayyooo Two chapters in two days. Don't expect this to happen often lol.

How will we survive our head trauma guys?

Poor Corpse is a v sad boyo.

K bye~