刀モ匚工S工口れ

Matsuda headed towards headquarters yawning, he obviously hadn't been getting much sleep lately.

"So, how's the investigation going?"
I asked him.

He looked around startled, he hadn't expected me to suddenly appear right next to him like that.

"M-Mirai?"
"Yeah it's me again, how's it been going?"
"Well good I guess. Light's been-"
"Put into confinement? As well as his Dad? How long has it been now....50 days perhaps?"

He looked at me in shock, more startled than ever. I hid a smile, I love it when I can tell things to these guys that I shouldn't be able to know.

"Y-yeah."
"And guess that L trusts me now since you were so open to reply?"
"Yeah."
"Cool."
I said smiling.
"He told me to tell you next time I saw you that he would like to meet you in person. That is, if that's ok with you."

Meeting L?

Ok with me?

Of course it bloody is!

I never in my wildest dreams expected it to go this well. If me and L team up we will have the Kira-case over and done with in no time!

"Sure, why not."
I replied, hiding my excitement.

"I'll call him right now then."
Matsuda said, pulling out his phone.

I waited patiently, I still seriously can't believe I get to meet L! And that's all it took!

"Ok, this way."
Matsuda said, turning his phone off.

I began to follow him as we made our way to headquarters where L currently was.

*********At Headquarters**********

Wearily I entered the room, now that I was in the same room as L a weird feeling had come over me. I felt nervous-excited. Like I was excited to finally meet L, yet nervous that I might stuff up somehow.

"Welcome Mirai, please sit down."

I made my way over where L was sitting with his back turned to me.

"Thank you Matsuda, if you wouldn't mind if like to talk to Mirai in private."
"Oh, ok. Bye."

Matsuda left, leaving me and L to talk in private.

Alright, I need to make sure I don't let L know how nervous I am currently. I thought as I tried to act as casual as possible.

"Hi,"
I said simply.
"You must be Mirai Rai, yes?"
"Yeah,"
I nodded.
"Ok then, Mirai. Matsuda has already told me about how you came to be here, but I would like to hear it again, first hand if you don't mind."
"Sure."
I said shrugging and repeated what I had told Matsuda, this time in more detail.

"Anything else?"
L asked when I'd finished.
"If we are going to work together you will have to be completely honest with me."

I thought hard for moment or two, was there anything else?

Then it hit me.

Oh yeah that, I can't believe I seriously forgot.

"There is one more thing, well a couple actually."
"Go on."
"First off, you already know that Kira only needs a name and face to kill right? But you don't know how he does it without actually being there. It can do it all because he has this notebook called a Deathnote. It has many rules but some of the main ones are that,

1# The person who's name is written in it shall die.
And
2# In order for it to work the person needs to have the face of the person they are killing in their head at the time.

There are many others but they are the main ones. The deathnote belongs to the first person who touches it when it enters the human world, or realm, whatever you want to call it. The holder of the deathnote will also have the original owner of the deathnote, a Shinigami, following them around until either they die or they give up the deathnote to someone else. If they do decide o do that they will lose all memory of the deathnote.

The other thing I wanted to tell you was, remember that model I told you about earlier, Misa Amane? Yeah in the story she gets a deathnote as well. Another rule in the deathnote is that if a Shinigami does something to lengthen a humans lifespan, the Shinigami dies. Thus usually happens when a Shinigami falls in love with a human. Anyway, Misa originally gets the deathnote and becomes the second Kira. When I stopped her from becoming part of the investergation comeletely, somehow the Shinigami ended up falling in love with me instead. That very same Shinigami saved me when a drunk man attacked me one night. The Shinigami died leaving the Deathnote behind. As you can imagine I had no choice but to take it either me.

Although I have no written any names in it I'm now still the second Kira. I can prove once and for all by getting you to touch the deathnote. Then you will be able to see Rem, my Shinigami and I'll be able prove what I'm saying is true, right?"

"Yes, I guess so."
"Here then,"
I searched through the backpack I was carrying and pulled out the deathnote and handed it to L.
"You can read the rules while your at it."
I suggested as he began to examine it.
"So that also explains my question about why the show was named deathnote..."

Slowly L raised his head and finally noticed Rem.

"Hello Ms. Shinigami, you are Rem I presume."
"Yes I am."
She replied.
"I've heard a lot about you. Is what this girl says true?"
"Every word of it."
"Thank you."

Turning back to me, L reached out his hand.

"I'd like to invite you, Mirai, to join the task force."