尺モJモ匚匕工口れ

Matsuda and I quickly went about installing the cameras in Light's room. We had to be really sneaky this time, if Light found a single one we would be dead meat.

Once we were done I got up, stretching. Outside the storm was still raging on, even the windows were rattling, I felt as though the entire house would be blown away at any second.

We briskly left the room, returning the piece of paper and pencil lead to their rightful positions. After making sure the door handle had been lined up properly I followed Matsuda back downstairs and outside where we sprinted to Watari's car.

I sighed in relief as we sped along the highway once more, it had been pretty intense back there, believe me.

**********Back At Headquarters*********

"So, did everything go according to plan?"
Ł asked us as we walked in,

"Yeah, there was a small hicup, but nothing major, we dealt with it."

"Good, the way things are going tomorrow we can give Light the news about the killings starting again. We won't let him go straight away of course, we'll make sure he stays here in one of the rooms for a while. That way he won't suspect anything. This will also allow us to keep an eye on him, even though he does not have a Deathnote, it best to be safe than sorry."

Everyone nodded simultaneously, seeing the logic behind what he was saying.

"Oh and Mirai,"
"Yeah?"

Ł turned to face me.

"When we let Light out you'll have to be extremely carefully not to let him see you. He has seen you before on the odd occasion and it would ge extremely difficult explaining who you are and why your here without giving away the fact that you know he is Kira and are assisting us in catching him red handed."

"Ok then."
I replied.

*******The Next Day******

I looked up at the tall building sighing, I guess you could say I was currently feeling a little rejected. I really wanted to be up there with Ł and the rest of the task force planning out how to take down Kira once and for all.

We basically had already done that, right now they would be to busy focusing on acting like they were still were searching for Kira, to have time for me.

I'd already told Ł that I wouldn't be coming today and yet somehow I'd still found myself here.

I'm such an idiot.

The only reason they need me is to inform them about Kira and how he works, nothing more, I'm not needed right now. I turned to walk away but was stopped by a familar voice,

"I know how you feel."
It was Matsuda.

"You feel like you have no purpose and they don't need you, right? You feel as though your only in the way?"

He was right, that was excatly how I felt.

"Yeah I guess,"
I admitted sighing.

"Well you do."
"Do what?"

"Have a purpose. Mirai, do you realise how many lives you have saved? You have even saved Ł's life for crying out loud! Your the reason we have gotten so far in such a short time! Without, we probably wouldn't even be here!"

He blurted out in a rush. I took a step back, surprised that he actually cared about how I was feeling.

"Y-you really think so?"
"Of course!"
"Then what are you waiting for,"
I asked, hiding a smile,
"Go and get to work,"
"But what are you-"
" I have a long list of things I have on my to-do-list. Did you really think I was about to go and slack off at a time like this?"

Matsuda grinned.

"I'll see go you later!"
I called over my shoulder as I began to walk briskly away.

Time to get work!