ム∪工ㄥ匕

"Hey Mirai!"

I turned to see Matsuda step out of the elevator and into to the room, followed by the other task force members.

"Hi Matsuda,"
I replied as he walked over to me, smiling.

As he came towards me I felt a little guilty, I mean, I had just told him that one of his friends was a serial killer and might even get the death penalty. Wait do they have that in Japan? Either way, I still feel really bad for Matsuda.

I tried to shake the feeling of guilt off as I smiled at him warmly, but it was no use, the guilt was still there.

"How are you?"
Matsuda asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts .

"Uh, fine I guess. How about you?"
"Yeah I'm pretty good."

*********15 мїηʊ†℮﹩ ℓѦ†℮ґ***********

Rain trickled down the cars window like a stream of tears as we sped along the highway towards Light's house. Outside the warmth of the car the storm raged on. Branches and debris litter the side of the road, flashes of lightning liteup  the dark sky at regular intervals.

Thunder broke out across the sky causing me to shiver even though it wasn't cold in thd car.

Ł had decided that only me and Matsuda should go today to avoid suspicion from the neighbors. I mean, come on, an expensive car, a large group of men and a young girl breaking into a house is more than enough to raise suspicion. The neighbors would defiantly report Light's parents, maybe even the police. Light might find out, then we'd all be stuffed.

Watari exited the highway and began to drive along the road that lead to Light's house. Quickly me and Matsuda got out and sprinted ttheffintdoor to avoud getting drenched, we had to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible, we couldn't slip up.

We entered the house and made our way towards Light's room. Matduda was about to do the honours of opening Light's door when I stopped him in his tracks.

"Wait!"
"Huh?"

He looked at me quizzedly as I rushed the door and crouched down and carefully removed the pencil lead from between the door hinges. If it broke and we left it like that, Light would know we had been in here. I handed it to Matsuda who held it as carefully as one would a diamond or an expensive jewel .

I pulled out the piece of paper as well and handed it to Matsuda.

With that out of the way I entered the room, making a mental note to put them back in their places before we left.

"Oh I see,"
Matsuda murmered as he followed me.
"So, wheres the Deathnote?"
He asked.
"Here."

I picked up a pen from Light's desk and pulled open the top draw. Removing the diary I crouched down and felt around for the hole at the bottom of the draw.

"Found you,"
I murmed and quickly took apart the pen,

"What are you doing?"
Matsuda asked me in confused.

"Watch."

I stuck the long part of the pen through the hole and lifted the fake bottom.

"A fake bottom? Of course, knowing Light of course he would have some highly inteligent place to hide it."

Carefully I removed the Deathnote and replaced the fake bottom and the diary.

"Great! Now all we have to do is instal the cameras and we're set!"
Matsuda said excitedly, a little to loud for mg liking.

Suddenly we heard the front door down stairs open, followed by footsteps as someone walked in.

Ok, now we 're really stuffed........