2 | i trust her

"So how can I help you?" Chuck asked Nate once he entered the pent house

"So how can I help you?" Chuck asked Nate once he entered the pent house. Alaska was sat with her back to them as she sipped on her glass of water. Chuck had excused himself minutes before, claiming his friend had an 'emergency'. Although, this didn't look like one.

"Am I interrupting something?" Nate asked as he curiously peered over to the brunette. "Alaska, come here," Chuck called without removing his eyes from Nate. Alaska hastily stood up and walked over to Chuck and the light brown haired man.

"This is Alaska," Chuck moved his head towards hers while she stuck her hand out to the man. "Nate," he looked at Chuck quizzically, as if asking who she was.

"Now, what do you need?" Chuck averted his gaze from Alaska and back to Nate. "Oh right! About the money, I might have um- overreacted a little."

"A little?" Chuck smirked.

"-And hey, if you can? I would love to take you up on the offer, because-"

"I thought you were getting the money from somewhere else."

"Yeah well that person is um, asking for a lot," Nate crossed his arms as he looked at Alaska whose thick eyebrows were crunched together from confusion. "Why don't you just get a job?" Nate and Chuck stared at her, dumbfounded.

Chuck shook his head and rose his hand so Nate could follow him further into the home. Nate's shoulder lightly bumped Alaska's when he walked passed her. She slowly followed suite with them as Chuck started speaking.

"Well, I love to accomodate you, but when you refused, I sent all the money to my financial guy. It's going to be in bonds for six months." Nate's eyes nearly bulged out of his head at Chuck's words.

"Oh, well that's cool. I'll find the money somewhere else!" Nate played it off and looked back to Alaska with weary eyes.

"So have you seen Blair and the dutchess anywhere?" Chuck asked while rubbing his temple together. "No," Nate looked away from Alaska and back to Chuck. "Are you doing okay?"

"I'll confess I've been feeling a little off my game," Chuck shrugged before the elevator door opened. "But I'm expecting a return of form very soon."

"Sir, the flight from Tokyo has landed."

An asian lady walked into the room just as the door man left, her smile wide as she approached the three with a suit case. "So I can see," Chuck walked towards the girl and bowed down. "Konnichiwa." Nate looked at Alaska before rolling his eyes.

She curiously peered over her shoulder before going back to her purse and sitting on the elegant creamed couch. This was definitely something she needed to get used to.

-

A blonde woman walked into the pent house as Alaska and Chuck rolled down their sleeves, the doctor nodding at both of them before leaving. "Serena," the blonde lady gave a questionable look towards Chuck before facing her attention towards the dark haired girl to his left. "Who's this?"

"My sister," Chuck answered as he sipped on what Alaska knew as his third cup of whiskey. "This is Serena. My step sister, my dad and her mother just got married before summer."

"Hi, I'm Alaska," both the girls shook hands as Serena shook her hair lightly. "Wait, Chuck. You don't have a sister?" She eyed Alaska wearily before looking back at Chuck's careless frame. "We'll see by next week. We just got our DNA tests sent in. Looks like our daddy hid something from me my entire life."

Serena followed Chuck into the kitchen and Alaska stayed at the island counter. "What?" She was as confused as ever as she set her purse down on an empty counter. "She's just a year younger, says my dad shipped her off to a small city near Rome. She grew up there with some lady named Veronica, it's not our mother."

"And you believe her?" Serena leaned into Chuck and rose an eyebrow as she whispered to him. Chuck sighed and pulled out the checks from his robe, handing it over to Serena. "She never spent one."

Serena stared dumbfounded at the checks with different dates. There were dozens of them over the course of the last three years. "I did spend one actually," Alaska spoke up and Chuck looked at her along with Serena. "I needed the money to get here, and find a place to stay at-"

"Aren't you only 16?" Serena questioned. "You can stay here," she said and Chuck nodded in agreement. "But Bart, he can't know that I am here Chuck."

"I'll deal with him," Chuck brushed her off. "Are you two coming to Blair's party tonight?"

"Who's Blair?"

-

"Try these!"

Chuck had sent Serena out to help Alaska find a whole new wardrobe, he was completely mortified when he realized she only had one suitcase filled with a couple t-shirts and flannels. She gave up trying to convince him that it was no big deal and reluctantly let Serena take her out into New York City.

"Is this your first time here?" Serena asked from her phone as Alaska slipped into a creme colored dress. "Yes, I never really left Rome. I had no where else to go," Alaska examined herself in the mirror before taking a look at the tag under her right arm. $326. Definitely too expensive. "Don't even think about it," Serena had opened the door to the dressing room before Alaska could slip out of the dress. "It's quite expensive," she huffed.

"It's okay, Chuck gave you enough," Serena fixed the bottom of the dress before looking her new found friend over. "You should wear this one for tonight! All we need now are some shoes...!"

-

a/n; Voting is cool! hahaa -E