14 | funeral

a/n; Just wanted to let you guys know if anyone was looking for another Gossip Girl fanfiction, because there isn't many, go check out BrunettePrincess801  book! It's called "The Upper East Side". When you read it (and obviously fall in love with the book) comment and tell her wolfiebabee sent you! I also have a question... Do you like the pictures I attach with the chapters or would you rather just have single gifs of Alaska? Okay, now back to the story :) -e

-

After a while of staring off into the crowd of expensive clothed teens, Alaska decided to call it a night. With a heavy sigh, and a heavy heart, she walked off the dance floor and began searching for either Serena or Dan. She wanted so badly to go back to her dads house for the night and eat mint chocolate chip ice cream with Dan and cry into his open shoulder, but she couldn't find him anywhere.

She finally saw the back of his head and began to pick up her pace towards him. As she got closer she saw Serena standing in front of him. Alaska sighed at the sight. They both stared a little too long into one another's eyes. Alaska rolled her eyes and quickly walked in front of the two.

They both turned to her when Lily ran up to them, looking frantic and distracted.

"Serena, Alaska- where's Charles?"

"I-I don't know," Serena shook her head. "I need to find him," Lily was quick to look around the ballroom again, but when she didn't see Chuck, she turned back around to her daughters and Dan.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Serena put a hand on Lily's arm for comfort.

"Bart's been in an accident."

-

"More towers than Trump, more bucks than Bloomberg... Bart Bass definitely made his mark on Manhattan. The passing of a public figure can shake a whole town, but the real story is always one happening in private, away from the headlines, at home." - Gossip Girl.

Alaska followed behind Eric and Serena into the main hall of the penthouse. They were all woken up by the house being crowded with people getting ready for Bart's funeral. Although it was a tragic accident, Alaska felt no sorrow for Bart's soul, but she did feel bad for Chuck. He was fatherless now and Alaska knew how that felt, she'd only been living that way for sixteen years.

"Ah!" A voice startled the three when they made it into the lounge area. "Come. Eat. You need your strength." CeCe put down her newspaper and took a sip of her coffee.

"I'm not hungry."

"I'm saving room for later."

Both Eric and Serena tried to walk away, but the woman stopped them. "In times of great uncertainty, it's even more important that we continue our daily rituals."

"You haven't eaten a cheerio since you've been here."

"And we know that's gin in your coffee cup."

CeCe had flown in two nights ago for the funeral. Alaska and her had met, but other than telling her to pluck her eyebrows and to call her grandma instead of CeCe, they hadn't really gotten to know each other. Alaska was fine with it when Dan had told her what a witch she could be.

"My point exactly. Life must go on as it always has," Cece took another drink of her alcohol.

Serena looked at her sibling before gesturing them all to sit at the table. Serena sat next to Cece with both Eric and Alaska to her left. "How's mom?" Serena asked.