5 | lost

Alaska ended up eating inside the cafeteria, where only a couple tables were spread around the room. Strangley enough, they were serving Sushi for lunch. She would have just called Chuck to ask where he was, but she knew he had friends of his own, so she didn't want to bother him too much.

-

Later that day, when school was over Alaska roamed around the city of New York. She was trying to get familiar with her surroundings. She had told Chuck earlier that she would just call a cab when she was too tired to walk any further, but she didn't need to call one after all as a car pulled up next to her.

Nate soon stepped out with a small smile plastered on his face as Alaska walked up to him. "Are you spying on me, Nate?" He laughed and shook his head at the girl. "Let me give you a ride home, I was in the area and Chuck said you might be around here. It's dangerous to walk alone in the night, you know."

Alaska rolled her eyes, but got in the vehicle nonetheless. "Thank you Nate, it's very sweet of you."

"What are friends for?" He shut the car door, and soon the car drove smoothly through the city. "So, do you like the Upper East Side so far?"

Alaska looked out the window and admired the lights that passed by, a huge grin appearing on her fratures. Nate smiled at her admiration and scooted closer to her, starting to point out the restaurants, shops, or hotels they drove by. Alaska could feel his hot breath on her and she slowly leaned into him. Not in a flirtatious way, but more of a comforting manner. Nate smiled and hugged her close to him as well, enjoying the peace he longed for since his dad's "incident".

"Oh, what about that one?" Alaska pointed to a restaurant with a huge sign that red "MARTY'S CREPES AND CAFÈ".

"That is the best crepes cafè in New York, hands down," Nate told her. She looked up at him and realized she knew nothing about this boy, but hoped to one day to grow closer to him because he was a very kind person, not to mention he was extremely attractive.

"Promise to take me there, and tell me everything about yourself?" Alaska blurted out, and she was embarrassed when Nate looked down at her with quizzical eyes. They softened as they pulled into the front of the hotel and he smiled down at her.

"I promise Alaska, but you would have to do the same."

-

The next morning Alaska woke up earlier than everyone else. She lazily threw her hair into a messy bun, and called Nate to pick her up. He agreed only becuase he was already up as well. She left a note for anybody who would worry of her absence and left the hotel with her bag full of books.

"Hey," she smiled once she entered the car and turned her head to the side when he handed her a plastic carton and coffee, a similar coffee in his other hand as well. "I made a quick stop at Marty's, I was hoping we could drive around the city again before we went to school," he admitted.

Alaska shut the door and excitedly opened up the carton as the car started to run down the street. "I got chocolate and strawberries, it's my favortie."

Alaska laughed and took a sip of her coffee. "You're joking! It's mine too!" Nate laughed along as the two took a forkful and shoved it into their mouths, both laughing at one another when they had whip cream all over their lips. Nate cleaned his off before leaning over towards Alaska and wiping the whip cream off with a napkin. Her heart fluttered as hid thumb ran across her cheek, before he pulled his arm back. "Okay, now..."

He took Alaska's fork and cut off a piece of the chocolate crepe while grabbing a slice of strawberry onto it. "Whoever feeds the other some crepe, gets to ask a question. Ready?"

Alaska nodded and opened her mouth, making Nate chuckle lightly. "What's your favorite color?" Alska giggled as he placed the fork in her mouth and pulled it out slolwy. She licked her lips before sitting up straight. "My favorite color?"

"Uh-uh, only I can ask the questions here," Nate smiled. Alaska rolled her eyes playfully before answering. "Rose Gold," she laughed. Nate nodded as she picked up his fork and put pieces of strawberries in it, before dipping them in chocolate and raising it up to level Nate's mouth. She but her lip as she entered the fork in his mouth before pulling it out. Nate watched her every move, and also bit his lip.

Alaska cleared her throat as to get rid of her naughty thoughts with Nate and asked her question. "Who was that lady at the party the other day, was that your mom or something?"

Nate choked on his food before his driver informed them of the time. They had to drive to the school if they wanted to be on time. "Um, she's- she's just helping me out right now."

Alaska suddenly felt Nate distance himself as he closed up the carton of crepes and down the rest of his coffee. She did the same just as they pulled into the school's lot. "Thank you," Alaska called to the driver but was stopped before she could fully get out of the car. "You're not coming to school?" She questioned Nate who shook his head. "There's some stuff I got to take care of, I'll see you later."

Alaska nodded before leaning into him and hugging him slightly. She then kissed his cheek and blushed when Nate was caught off gaurd. "Thanks, Nate."

She left the car without another word and entered the school gates with a smile on her face.

-

"Lily what- what are you doing here?" Lily smiled at Rufus as she raised the bottle of wine and a movie. "Well Serena and I were supposed to have movie night, but she cancelled," Lily walked into the loft. "So, I thought..."

Liky showed Rufus the movie. "Pretty in Pink?"

"It's only a supporting role, but Harry Dean Stanton is excellent," Lily smiled. "It's 9:00 at night." Rufus said. "Oh, well I guess I should have called, but I just thought I'd take a chance at-"

"Lily," Rufus stopped her rambling. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know? Bart is in Beijing doing bussiness as he did most of our trip. The kids are living their own lives, and my life is in an empty house, or crowded restaurant. And I don't know which one makes me feel more alone," Lily shook her head. "There's something I have to tell you, that I promised Bart I wouldn't."

Rufus narrowed his eyes as Lily sighed deeply. "Do you remember that time we bumped into each other and we came back to your place because Dan was away with his mother?" Rufus nodded. "That was a little more than 16 years ago, Lily."

"We were both still married and I had Serena, and you had Dan...."

"Spit it out Lil."

"I got pregnant," Rufus stepped back as a shocked expression appeared on his face. "I went away towards the end of the pregnancy, to Rome. I gave her away."

"Why are you telling me this now?" Rufus crossed his arms. "She's here. She thinks Bart is her father and Chuck is her brother."

"What? Why would she think that?" Lily sighed again. "After I gave her away I made a deal with Bart. We had met through William and I put her under his last name, and he has sent her a check these passed couple of years to stay in Rome, but-"

"Where is she now?" Rufus asked Lily who shook her head slightly. "I'm not sure, I haven't seen her since I met her yesterday morning."

"Does she know?"

"Know what?"

"That Bart isn't her father?! That I am!"

Lily looked down sadly and grabbed the wine bottle and movie she had set down on the counter, along with her purse. "Bart is sending her away the minute he gets back, there's nothing you can do, Rufus."

"Get out," he ordered and she left without another word. Rufus sat down on his couch and inhaled deeply. He was completely dumbouded and upset.

There's a teenager walking around New York City, and it's his daughter.

-

a/n; Another chapter yay! Tell me if you like it so far! -E