10 | almost first kiss

The uneventful day had Alaska surprisingly tired

The uneventful day had Alaska surprisingly tired. With Chuck avoiding her through the halls, Dan spending every waking second of school with Nate, and Jenny being home schooled made Alaska realize she should probably get actual girl friends. Now that Nate and Dan were obviously in a bromance all of a sudden, Serena was out the picture, and Blair. Let's just say Alaska did her research on everyone, as creepy as it sounds, on Gossip Girl, and wow was she not a fan of both their antics. Vanessa may be her best bet, but she was sure she made a bad impression when Vanessa glared into her soul the other day when she saw Alaska and Nate together. Alaska sighed and looked over towards Jenny who was doing some last minute touching up on a new piece Eleanor Waldorf had assigned her on. Man, if only Alaska could get out of school, she certainly would.

"So then, the ball came to me and so I kicked it to this guy, and then- and then, you know, he kicked it to another guy and then that guy scored. It was basically an assist."

"Wow," Alaska held back a laugh as she played with one of Rufus's guitars in the living room. The passed five minutes were just filled with Dan talking about his soccer practice and how amazing he though it was.  "Yeah it was awesome, it was pretty amazing," Dan shrugged and drank out of his mug of coffee.

"Oh, it's so weird that you're on a team now. I mean, pretty soon you're going to have actual guy friends." Jenny spoke up and this time Alaska didn't hold back her laugh as Dan's eyebrows rose. "What are you talking about?" He looked over his two sisters and narrowed his eyes in confusion. "I have planty of guy friends."

"Dan, I know that you're Mr. Soccer now, but you and I both know you prefer to hang out with girls. Alaska might have more guy friends than you." Alaska placed the guitar back in its place and stood up. "Hey," she said defensively, but laughed again when Dan egged Jenny on to explain. "Vanessa, Serena, once upon a time." Jenny and Dan quickly looked over at Alaska, wondering if she would catch on to what Jenny meant.

"Oh, yeah that." Alaska walked over to the two. "I've done my research on Gossip Girl, I basically know everything that's happened and still happening like- you and Serena, which is ew by the way my two older siblings getting it on is not something I want to think about, Eric's attempt suicide, Blair's and Serena's rivalry, Chuck's endless list of girls he slept with, and Nate and Serena." Alaska ignored the weird feeling in her chest when she thought of Nate and Serena and walked past Jenny and Dan. Dan shook his head and looked back to Jenny. When Alaska walked into Jenny's and her shared room she smiled as she heard Dan practically beg their dad for help. She looked through her dirty clothes and found the note she'd hope she find. She quickly grabbed onto her phone and dialed the number that was scribbled on the thin piece of paper. She waited a couple rings until she was just about to give up- he answered.

"Hello?" His british accent filled the reciever and Alaska felt a little nervous as she didn't know what to say. "Hey Logan! It's Alaska- um, I met you-"