09. late night shenanigans

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮2

2.08: the inns & outs of inns [ pt. 1 ]
09: late night shenanigans ❞
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

     Blaze and Everleigh always liked the idea of sharing the same hobbies or interests. Like getting Everleigh into reading comics, for example. Blaze loved them and has loved them for years, that was probably one of the first things Everleigh noticed about the things he liked. The same goes with Everleigh, she tried getting her boyfriend into reading books but in the end it wasn't something they could bond over. They loved watching Alfred Hitchcock movies or reruns of Dawson's Creek together. And then there was that occasionally trouble they would cause in Chicago.

     But not once has Everleigh thought about skating with a skateboard. Which was a shock, really, considering there doesn't go a day where you don't see Blaze without a skateboard. So it really shocked the Morgan girl when she came to that realization.

   (A lot of times if Blaze wanted to hang out and it involved a skateboard, Everleigh would get out her inline skates. But if you really wanted to go all the way back to when the two were kids, she'd use a stunt scooter — and that was just to impress Blaze. )

    She just wasn't expecting skating of all things to be so scary.

    "I'm gonna die." Everleigh states.

    Blaze denies, "You're not going to die."

    "You don't know that."

    "Stop. You're doing just fine. Trust me."

    She gasps melodramatically, looking around, "Did you hear that? I think death is calling me."

    He gives her a dry look. All Everleigh has done so far was stand on the board, allowing her to have a feel how it's like. Blaze wouldn't let his girlfriend get hurt, not under his watch. He had his hands on her waist while hers were placed on his shoulders. So if there was a chance of the board moving, he had a grip on her. All she did was stand on the board.

    "You're over exaggerating. This is the easy part."

    Her eyes go wide, "This is the easy part?! Sitting on the board is the easy part."

    "That's just you being lazy," Everleigh slaps his shoulder and Blaze laughs, "Ow!— Don't worry, I got you."

    "You know who else got me? "

    "Who?"

    "The grim reaper."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━