01. small town & full of surprises

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮pre: red light on the wedding night01

pre: red light on the wedding night
01. ❝ small town & full of surprises
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

   "So I spoke to Rory — " Dean starts as he places the two cups on the table; one with black coffee and the other with hot chocolate and sits down opposite her in the diner.

"— Good for you—" Everleigh interjects and grabs the coffee cup.

"— And she thinks you don't like her." Dean breaths out.

"She's not entirely wrong, is she? "

"Eve, we talked about this."

"Hey!" She puts her hand out for him to stop, "Your Sandra Dee is at the summer school and not here. I can voice my honest opinion about your precious girlfriend as much as I want." A sickly sweet smile starts making its way onto her lips as she brings the coffee cup closer to her lips.

"Who's Sandra Dee?" He questions.

"An actress but, you know," The girl waves her hands around to further her point, "Rory's well behaved, too nice and town's angel. She's a Sandra Dee kinda girl. "

Whatever comment Dean was ready to make was brutally stopped as another voice joined the conversation, a familiar one.

As she takes a glimpse at the person approaching them it was none other than the souvenir guy. — Who's name she learned was Kirk. " Dean, I'm so glad you're here. I wanted to publicly apologize to you and your twin sister."

Uh–oh.

The abrupt statement makes the girl choke on the coffee he was drinking.

Not only the two gave her an odd look but most of the people managed to glance in her reaction, even Luke himself.

"My twin sister?" Dean asks, shooting a questionable look her way, which she only tries to play off with a shrug as she tries to gain her breath back.

"I run into your sister once again," Kirk points at her and her eyes widen, "I wasn't aware you were the twin brother she talked about until yesterday and now that I have a better look at you two, there is no resemblance between the two of you but either way that's not my place to judge, so I came to apologize."

"Kirk, I appreciate the concern but we —" Her best friends waves a hand between her and himself, " Are —"

"Totally related." Everleigh finishes and Dean creases his eyebrows together with a tilt of his head.

"Wha—" Dean tries asking but she quickly steps on his foot under the table, getting a small yelp from him. She forces a smile onto her lips.