13. pumpkins scream in the dead of night

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮pre–2

pre–2.10 : the bracebridge dinner
pumpinks scream in the dead of night
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

     It's the most wonderful time of the year.

     Pumpkins, spooky decorations and ornaments covering the neighbourhood.

     Not to mention the part of being able to scare all the children with haunted stories and terrifying costumes... Now that was exciting. It was time for Halloween and it was approaching fast. Everleigh couldn't describe her excitement.

     Halloween was that one part of the season she loved the most but sadly school work right now was her priority. Good grades equaled good school enrolments.

     Everleigh was seated at the far back of Luke's diner when all of the sudden a seat opposite hers moved;

     "Say yes."

    The girl looks up to see Lydia beaming, she looks back down, "No."

      "Just say yes," Lydia tries again.

     "Not the way I was expecting my proposal to go but okay," Everleigh mumbles.

     "I'm not proposing." The other girl pulls a face.

     "Then why am I saying yes?"

     "Oh, you know, you're one of my favourite people and I love you very much."

     Everleigh stops writing, putting down her pen, "What have you done now."

     "So I lied to my mom," Lydia scratches the back of her neck.

    "About..." Lydia stays silent, adjusting in her seat, "Spill it."

     "I'm throwing a Halloween party at mine and said you're in charge." The words spilled out so fast from her friend's mouth she almost missed out everything that was said.

     "You what?" Everleigh blinks slowly, grasping what she just heard.

     "Okay before you say anything," Lydia starts, "You don't have to do anything besides showing up in a beautiful costume."

     "Then why did you lie to your mom?"

     "Because she doesn't think I'm responsible enough to look after the house when my parents are gone but somehow think you're a child of God — which is very questionable." Lydia explains.