08. the little rascals

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮2

2.07: like mother, like daughter
08: the little rascals ❞
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

      She knew she shouldn't worry. She knew that not everything always goes according to a plan. Especially if a plan was in a year's making. Nevertheless, she liked to know what direction she was planning to go and not wander around the world hoping for the best.

    Life was complicated. She was aware of that but all she could think about was her dad's question;

    'Are you sure, you're making the right decision?'

    She lifts her gaze up to see her boyfriend popping the skateboard tail straight down by the foot and grabbing it with hand. Diving into a conversation with Dean. The girl briefly looks at the other girl sitting next to her — Rory. Her face buried in a book she was currently reading. Catching a glimpse of the book, she purses her lips together, knowing the book all too well; Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

    Everleigh hasn't said a word to Gilmore but somehow she was stuck sitting next to her with no other choice. They both decided to spend time with their boyfriends and yes she was fully aware of the fact that they tried making the girls bond. But they were doing a poor job achieving that. Rory was left reading a book in silence while Everleigh was simply doing her homework. Or attempting to do her biology homework as her mind wanders somewhere else.

    She felt guilty. Her gaze adverts from time to time to Rory and Dean. Both catching each other stealing glances and smiling at one another. She knew their relationship wasn't perfect and they had flaws. Especially Dean. With the way he sometimes viewed the relationship with Rory or the times he has overreacted to certain things, but they managed to work out their issues and continue being happy together.

    Then you had Everleigh and Blaze.

    She still wasn't all that sure whether she had forgiven Blaze for the party accident. She knew it was ridiculous and she knew Blaze was trying to fix their relationship. The girl was very grateful for him trying but it still hurt her knowing Agnes and him kissed. There was a moment, (she doesn't care who initiated the kiss but either way, it happened). And part of her was afraid if she left him alone for too long, it would happen again. Everleigh, however, didn't want to leave him. Being broken up with him for the amount of time they did, made her only miss him more. She saw a future with him and him being part of her life during or after high school and college.

    Therefore, she had to put in an effort of trying to forgive and forget. If she can't do that, she is scared to think what will happen when the two will have to face the long distance.