02. turning a blind eye

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮pre: red light on the wedding night02

pre: red light on the wedding night
02. ❝ turning a blind eye
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

[ TWO WEEKS AGO ]

    EVERLEIGH MAE MORGAN knew everything. She loved gossip, she loved hearing everything that goes down in her neighborhood. She loved hearing all about high school drama — who has gotten detention for doing something stupid to who broke up with who. All the gossip that didn't involve her.

    Being away from home for two weeks was annoying her. Don't get her wrong going abroad for the first time was an experience, especially it being Florence and Siena. Two of the most beautiful cities she has ever been to, places that felt like all the love stories could be written about. If she had the money or had that type of money, there would be no doubt in her that Florence could be her home. That and she was in love with their sandwiches.

    But she also felt homesick. As much as she loved going abroad; she missed Chicago, her best friend and her boyfriend. The girl wanted to be back in her room gossiping with Agnes while her boyfriend rolls his eyes at them and continues to play one of his games on Game Boy. That's pretty much how they spent their time together in her room. Unless it was a Tuesday night when the trio watched the newest episode of Dawson's Creek on The WB.

    She really missed all of that while away, hence why as soon as she got home and found out there was a party going on a few blocks away from hers. The dropped everything and sneaked out. And by 'sneak out' she means she lied to her dad about her whereabouts.

    As soon as she arrived at the party location, a bubble of thrill filled up inside of her. She was crashing a party, a party that she wasn't even invited to in the first place. Sure she'd feel even better if the two people that mattered the most to her were by her side but they weren't and she wasn't going to depend on them either. (Unless you had any of their pagers, you'd think otherwise. The pagers that they weren't answering in the first place).

    She wasn't going to second guess her decisions and whether showing up unannounced to some senior's house was such a good idea. Even if her gut was feeling heavier by each second passing by and every instinct of hers was screaming for her to turn around. But she didn't. She was just being nervous.

    Or she tried to tell herself that.

    Slowly making her way up the pavement to the house, the music seems to get louder with each step she takes and once reaching the door handle, she invites herself in. There is no way she'll wait outside for someone to open the doors to her, the doors that no one would hear ringing anyways.

     Just as she walks in, the whole house was filled with teenagers; some passed out on the floor or on the couch, some playing truth or dare, never have I ever or beer pong. And then you had the ones making out like there was no tomorrow.