05. stuck in a time warp

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮02

02.04: the road trip to harvard
05: ❝ stuck in a time warp ❞
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

     There are times in your life when things get rough. Sometimes those things get too much for someone and sometimes you just need to escape for a moment.

    That's exactly how Everleigh Morgan felt like for the past month; she ran away to avoid her problems. Now, however, she was ready to face them.

    She was ready.

    Exhaling heavily, the girl shakingly raises her fist into a ball and knocks against the door three times. Withdrawing her hand back, she sways back and forth on her feet, waiting for someone to answer. The longer she waits, the quicker her breathing picks up a pace. She could practically feel her heartbeat in her ears.

     Maybe it was a mistake. She should have never come here.

     Everleigh turns around back around, ready to leave but as she turns, the doors swing open with a voice calling her name in question, "Eve?"

     She closes her eyes and inhales heavily and turns back around facing him, "Can we talk?"

     She softly asks him as she clutches the strap of her shoulder bag tightly. Blaze steps aside, letting her walk in the house without asking further questions. The girl gives a tight smile as she walks inside.

     "Uh," He rubs the back of his head, "Do you want something to drink? My mom went to see Morey for a few hours and Dani is at Dean's — she wanted to see Clara."

     She wasn't sure why he felt as though he had to defend his mother's or sister's whereabouts or why the two were alone. It wasn't the first time the two were on their own.

    "It's okay and I want nothing to drink, thank you though," She adjusts the shoulder bag and suddenly feels a light weight brushing against her ankle. When she looks down, her nervousness slowly starts to fade away at the sight of Blaze's tangerine tabby cat. She kneels down with a smile as she starts petting him, "Pumpkin! I missed you." She looks back up at Blaze as she continues petting the cat, only to find him smiling down at her. She ignores it as she says, "He missed me, I knew I was his favorite."

     "Always have been," He hesitates. The girl lifts Pumpkin in her arms and stands up, carrying him. Blaze moves his thumb back, not commenting at the affection towards the cat, "Where uh, where do you want to talk? We can go to my room — or not. We can do it right here next to the front doors. — Or outside, it's —"

    "Your room is fine," She softly says, stopping his rumbling. Everleigh puts Pumpkin back down on the floor, "You know, just in case your mom or your sister come back. Don't want things to feel weird."