12. shakespeare debate

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮2

2.09: run away little boy
shakespeare debate
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

     Later that night, Everleigh found herself sitting at the dining table with her dad. It was more like Everleigh staring at her dad while stabbing food with a fork aggressively. As her dad peacefully enjoys his own meal, purposely ignoring his daughter's stares.

     "Take a picture, it usually lasts longer." He finally says, ignoring his daughter's glare daggers.

     "Dude —"

     He looks up and shakes his head, "Don't dude me."

    "How else am I supposed to look or talk to you from now on," Everleigh says, waving a fork around.

    "Well, I am your father. So we can start there." He shrugs nonchalantly.

    "No."

    "...Or not." Still not bothered.

    "Why her?! Seriously?!" She drops her fork on the plate, "There are many women in this town and you so happen to date the woman I didn't want you to date."

    "Oh, so it's that type of conversation."

    "Yes, that type of conversation." She deadpans, picking the fork back up.

    "Well I'm double your age, so it just seems like a right time for me to settle down," The girl chokes on her food as her dad smirks at the reaction he received, "Calm down, I'm not that horrifying."

    "Yes, you are." The girl admits, whining, "— Why Lorelai Gilmore?! — A Gilmore?! —Why?"

    "Because," Mark slowly puts down his cutlery and exhales loudly, " She's funny and beautiful and full of life. You should know that, you've met her."

    "But I don't like Rory," The girl points out.

    That surprises him, his brows creased together, "What?! Why?"

    "She hasn't been the nicest to Dean," She tilts her head, reflecting on her chosen words"— Well, Dean can be bit of bad guy when it comes to their relationship as well —" She raises a finger, correcting, "But I am his best friend therefore as his best friend it's my duty to not like her."

    He squints his eyes, trying to understand his daughter's logic, "You can't just dislike her because the two share some problems, it's their relationship. Not yours."

    Baffled, she stops her dad, "Wait, hold up — You're taking Rory's side?"

    "I'm not taking her side," He begins, defending himself, "I just think holding a grudge against someone that hasn't technically done anything wrong to you, is ridiculous."