dancing in the rain (Aaron Hotchner)

Summary: dancing in the rain with Aaron Hotchner

Word count: 508

WARNINGS: none

Genre: fluff

"I don't understand why you love the rain so much, baby," Aaron says as he joins you by the window.

You smiled, then brushed some hair out of his face. "Well, I don't understand how you don't"

"All it does is get you wet, it's an inconvenience!" he told you, teasingly.

"Well, I think rain is amazing ok? It's peaceful and calming. Plus, it's uhh... good for the environment."

"Since when do you care about the environment?"

You fake shoved the man, in his arm. "Hey! Be quiet!"

"I'm just telling the truth!" he told you defensively.

"Well, think whatever you want. I'm gonna get a drink from the fridge, you want anything?"

"You're getting a cold drink in this weather?"

You started to walk towards the kitchen, shuffling your feet on the hardwood floor. "Yes, and again, with the judgment? Do you want a drink or not?"

"I'm good, my love," Aaron said, now facing the back of your head.

When Aaron watched as you headed to the kitchen, he smiled and sighed in contentness. That man was truly in love. Many would people would say that Aaron Hotchner never smiled, well if you say him with you, they would change their mind.

Even when the team teased him about slyly smiling at a text from you, he didn't care. He was just happy to talk to you.

After Haley died, he had lost all hope, and he thought he would never love again. Then you came out of nowhere, like a hurricane, and suddenly the love he felt was bigger and stronger. It was more than he could have ever imagined.

So he would do practically anything for you, including going out in the rain.

You stood there in front of Aaron, drink in hand, slowly sipping it. "So. I have a proposition for you. Me, you. Outside in the rain. Dancing."

"Ok," Aaron said easily, surprising even himself.

"Wait. Just like that?" you said, in disbelief.

"Uhh yeah?"

You quickly put your drink on the table, grabbed Aaron's hand, kissed it, then dragged him out the door.

Drops of rain hitting the tops of your head, the two of you ran through the streets, like teenagers.

Reaching the end of the road, Aaron pulled you into his arms and kissed you. Pulling away, you looked at him with lovey eyes, and told him, "I love you so much!"

"I love you too," as he said that, the rain seemed to choose that moment to begin pouring even harder, to which Aaron responded, by letting out a giggle.

"Umm excuse me? Did you just giggle? What the heck?" you said.

"Uhhhh I guess I did," Aaron told you, with a small smile on his face.

"That's crazy" you scoffed, laughing into Aaron's shoulder.

"It kinda is. We should head back home though."

"Yeah, you're right. We're gonna catch a cold or something," you told him as you both began to walk back home.

Hand in hand, the two you walked in the rain, and in love.