nyc, baby (Luke Alvez)

Summary: New York City with Luke Alvez

Genre: fluff

Word count: 1.2k

Warnings: none

Looking at the bright lights of the skyscrapers, always had a calming effect on you. Similar to the one that being with Luke Alvez gave you.

You had always been in love with the Big Apple but had not returned since you were a teenager.

You had been dying to go back, and Luke finally had a few days off, so the two of you had decided to take the four-hour trek to NYC.

♠♠♠

As the two of you arrived at the hotel, Luke went up to the front desk to check the two of you in. While he did that, you waited in the lobby, sitting on your rolly suitcase, which in hindsight, wasn't the best chair.

When you, unsurprisingly, fell, Luke was just beginning to come back to you, holding two key cards. When he saw you on the floor, he gave you a look similar to one he gives Roxy when she pees on his carpet. He then offers his hand to help you up and says teasonly, "Jeezzz Y/n, baby, you always do this! You're like a toddler or something!"

"Hey! I am not!" You say with a fake shocked look on your face.

"Yeah you are," he says with a smile on his face telling you he enjoys this way too much.

"Ok, well you love me anyway don't you?" you sweetly questioned him.

"Yeah, you're right about that. I can't help myself" Luke says as he kisses your lips, gently.

You smile at him, then abruptly grabbed his arm, and almost yell, "C'mon babe! Let's go see our room!"

♠♠♠

Flopping down on the king-sized bed the two of you planned to share, you sighed, and said, "ahhhh this is nice"

Luke got in the bed next to you, grabbed your waist, to spoon you, and replied, "It is indeed very nice, my love"

As the two of you laid there, you began tracing the veins on Luke's hand, as his arm was wrapped around you. He kept his head firmly on your shoulder, and quite enjoyed his role as the big spoon.

"Bubs we should get up and actually do something. Like get some dinner", you said as you attempted to get out of the bed.

"Nooooooo! Stay with me Y/n!" Luke exclaimed as he pulled you closer to him.

"Ok, ok just five more minutes," you said as you yawned.

It was safe to say that a lot longer than five minutes had passed, as the two of you had fallen asleep. After a nice and long night of sleep, tangled in one another's limbs, you both slowly began to wake up.

As soon as you were fully awake, you realized that the two of you needed lunch, and you had an amazing idea.

"Hey, bubs," you said in a lovey-dovey tone, "I have a really good idea for lunch," you paused, and he nodded for you to continue, "Ok, so there's this place called DŌ, and they have like raw cookie dough, but it's kinda like ice cream, where they scoop it out like you would ice cream. I think we should go there for lunch. Oh! And it's safe and everything too, like they don't have eggs, and they cook the flour and everything," you rambled on until Luke interrupts you.

"Of course we can go baby", he said as he ran his fingers through your hair, "and by the way, you look cute when you ramble."

"Thank you, Luke," you say as you give him a peck, "Now let's go!"

♠♠♠

Once you had got your cookie dough, the two of you sat on a park bench and ate it. You had gotten the sugar cookie one, and he had gotten the chocolate chip one, but the two of you decided that you were gonna share with each other. You both took turns eating your own and feeding each other.

After you were done with your "lunch", the two of you decided to do the most touristy thing imaginable, like going to see the Statue of Liberty and walking around Central Park.

♠♠♠

After a long day of being cheesy tourists, Luke suggested that you guys should go eat dinner, especially considering you had cookie dough for lunch.

"We should get that cheap New York pizza for dinner," you told Luke.

"Ooh that sounds good," he agreed with you, as the two of you changed directions to the nearest pizza place. Or at least according to that weird guy on the street.

You arrived at the pizza place in about five minutes, and then you ordered for the two of you.

"Hi! Can I get four slices of pepperoni pizza, please?", you told your order to the man working there.

Once you placed the order, you went to go sit down on one of the rickety tables they had outside of the fine establishment. Luke came behind you and took the seat next to you. He then put his hand on the back of your chair, and you rested your head on his shoulder. You two rested like this until you saw your food get placed on the counter, to get picked up.

"Luke, baby, can you get the food? I don't wanna get up," you said with the best puppy eyes you could give, and they worked.

"Yeah, ok. You know, I can never say no to you. That's dangerous." he told you.

You just smiled at him as he walked over to get the pizza.

When he came back, he smiled, and said, "It looks promising".

"It smells good" you observed.

"Well let's see if it's good or not!" Luke says as he sits down, and takes a bite of pizza, simultaneously.

He hands you your slices, and you both are chewing until you both have a consensus.

"It's good!" the two of you both say at the same time, which makes you two crack up, and burst out laughing.

After getting the giggles out, you both continue to eat, until you finish.

"Look bubs! It's dark already. We should go to times square and walk around there!" you exclaimed out in excitement.

"Aww yeah we definitely should!" he said in agreement.

♠♠♠

As you walked through Times Square, you sighed in contentness. New York was your favorite place, and you were with your favorite person.

Luke grabbed your hand as you walked through all the crowds of people. He rubbed your hand with his thumb, and the two of you just walked in comfortable silence. You looked up at the buildings and the stars and were happy.

Luke looked over at you, brought your hand up to his mouth, and kissed your hand while asking, "What's got you all happy?"

"New York City at night and I'm with you. How could I not be happy? It's like the best combo ever", you said with a smile bigger than you could ever imagine.

Luke just smiled back, and gave you a kiss, and said, "I'm glad you're happy, my love, my life".

The two of you continued your walk through times square, in the stary night, just two idiots in love.