Vicariously Yours

Two years later...

People are fickle. They say one thing and they do another thing. It's what makes people so human. When one promises to keep a New Year's resolution, how often does it break over something or anything even remotely significant?
Too many times. Too many bloody times.

"Well, your fall out with your ex which turned out to be just sex is a mishap but something we can look beyond and fix."

"But now I just want him more and he is bad for me!" Miranda wrung her hands together like the nervous habit she often displayed.

Isabella inhaled silently, asking for patience. "I understand but try to challenge yourself not to. Take small precautions before you leap. It helps to start small." She looked over her clock, it was nearly 8 and then, she closes her pad. "That's all we have for today. I'll see you next week, Miranda."

The lowly red head gave a nod and a minute shaky smile which Isabella returned. When Miranda left, she got up from her seat and walked to the large French window giving her the massive view of New York.

Nothing's changed. All in all, the roads are filled with cars going on and people rushing by each other towards their own destinations and life has moved on. It waits for no one.

It was mid-May where there were the frequent showers time to time. The sky has already turned murky and grey but it still looked like picture out of a painting.

Before Isabella's mind could spiral down a road which she keeps breaking and promising not to dwell on, her office door bursted open. "Hey! You aren't even ready!"Daniella stood there, crossing her hands over her chest.

They had become closer than ever over the last two years and sometimes that's a real curse because Daniella wouldn't stop pestering Isabella with blind dates. She has taken it upon herself to find the right guy for her best friend.

Isabella sighed. "No. I just finished."

She would have put her foot down occasionally but she was reluctant to stop it. She liked having being cared of like this. "Let me take my bag and we can go."

Daniella have her a squinting perusal. "Is that what you are wearing? Never mind, change into this." She flung out a green material from her purse and Isabella caught it in one hand. The fabric was soft and warm. It was green sleeveless body hugging dress and it was thick on her hand.

"Alright alright. God, you are a pain!" She playfully rolled her eyes and she unzipped the black formal attire she had donned on. Slipping on the green dress and a slit forming down her thigh, she ran her palm down to soothe the crinkles.

"Nice, my love. Now let's go! Randy is meeting us there."

As Isabella took her long dusty grey colored coat from the hanger and followed Daniella, she nodded at her new receptionist, Cody who was bright, organized and disciplined. "I'm heading off, Cody. You close up and I'll see you Monday morning." He waved back and went back to whatever work he had his head dived into.

Then, it registered to Isabella what Daniella had just said.

"Wait. Please don't tell me it's one of his muscle buff head friends. And this isn't a double date, is it?"

When Daniella simply moved ahead towards the lift without acknowledging her question, Isabella groaned low. "Whyyy? I hate it when you guys set me up with his friends! You know I have to be polite then!"

"Exactly!" She smirked as the lift pulled up on their floor. Stepping inside, they both stood side by side. One smiling like she touched nirvana and the other, who just discovered hell.