Chapter 34

I felt warm when I started to awaken from my sleep- too warm

I felt warm when I started to awaken from my sleep- too warm. I started to become aware of the arm that was draped across my abdomen. I slowly opened my eyes and could see it was still dark in the room. My eyes fell on Vincent's sleeping face. I smiled remembering what we had done.

The whole experience with Vincent was...good. I loved the way he held me after we made love. I couldn't stop smiling whenever he whispered that he loved me when he thought I was starting to drift off.

"Are you going to keep staring at me?" Vincent mumbled.

My smile widened and I beamed at him when he opened one of his eyes. I took my arm out from under the covers and reached out to run my fingers through his hair.

"Did I wake you?" I asked softly.

"No. I was actually just drifting off." He said.

I opened my mouth to say something when my phone started ringing. I sat up and reached for it on my nightstand. I looked down at the number and saw that I had several text messages from Kyle. I ignored all of them.

"Vincent, you have to go before my dad gets home."

I sat up and fumbled to put on clothes. I skipped on my shirt and looked around for Vincent's clothes but they were gone. I looked at him and could see he had his shorts on.

"Don't worry about your dad. Maybe he should know that I've made you mine."

"W-what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I told you to trust me. This is how we're going to do it. He will see that you belong to me now. No one else can have you."

I didn't have time to think over his words. I felt a pounding in my head that it had me falling to the ground. It was a hard pressure that made it feel like my head would explode.

"What's wrong?" Vincent asked.

"My head hurts."

"It's okay. Someone from your pack is probably trying to mind link with you?"

The pain subsided and I looked up to see Vincent crouched next to me.

"Mind what?"

"Mind link. It's a connection you have with everyone in your pack. It's a form to communicate through our mind. It's helpful when we are in wolf form."

"It really hurt."

"You have your barrier up so no one can reach you."

My phone started ringing and this time I saw that it was Don calling me. I only answered because I was tired of these phone calls.

"Don?" I answered.

"Chloe, are you still home?"

"Where else would I be?" I sarcastically replied.