Alive? / Eva Cudmore

I can't believe it...

She's gone...

She's gone and she's not coming back...

She promised, she promised she won't leave me and now my heart is broken, shattered into little pieces that even if you'd try, you can't put back together.

One thing...but that can't happen because she isn't there anymore.

I was sitting in my room the whole time. Crying. What else can I do?

I can alway call her...

That's what I did.

1 signal...2 signal...3 signal...voice mail

'Hey, it's Y/n I can't pick up now. I'm-, Eva stop making me laugh it's my third attempt, shut up, yes we will, now let me finish this.....Oh sho it's still going. Anyway, as you heard I can't pick up now, I'm - let's say - busy. Leave a message after the signal *laugh* I love you too Eva, now shut up'

She didn't change it...

I love you too.

I miss you, I miss you so bad, I miss your smile, your perfect y/e/c eyes. I miss how you could make me smile with your idiotic jokes, your warm hugs, you playing with my hair in the morning after we woke up. Your shockingly really good meals, your nose kisses. Nights we were spending on movies marathons. And I miss every other little or big thing that you were doing.

I called her again, and again, and again, I couldn't stop. I just want to hear her voice.

.
.
.

It's a month later, I can't stop crying and my heart issues got much worse making me go back to Canada for some medical examination. I guess now you can say that, this situation really broke my heart.

We were on a walk from hospital to our house, when I started thinking about Y/n. My eyes immediately watered, I blinked couple of times to make tears go away and turn to my dad.

"Dad?"

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Can we go to the store? I need some ice cream" I asked and my voice cracked.

"Yes of course we can, come here" He said and hugged me, I started crying again. It seems like the only thing I'm good at now.

"It will get better, I promise" My mom rubbed my back.

My parents have never met Y/n in person but they saw her and talked with her multiple times on FaceTime, I also texted them a lot about her. So they know how much Y/n meant to me.

We take a long walk to the store and I left them standing in front of it waiting for me, I went straight to the ice cream section. I picked my favorite flavor and close the glass doors. I looked around and I saw a girl on the other end of the aisle, she was standing with her back facing me but look exactly like Y/n, she also have a cast on her left hand.

Maybe I'm hallucinating?

Me being me, I'm curios so I approached her.

"Hey, I-" she turned around and my heart dropped. Her eyes shot wide open.

She looks horrible, I mean beautiful but you know. Pale face with couple of bruises on it, eye bags and she's really skinny. She doesn't look the same as she looked a month ago before the accident.

"Y/n?" I asked and my voice cracked "Is that you? Am I hallucinating?" I asked not believing in all of this and I touched her cheek "You're alive..." I pulled her in a hug, but I was careful because of her hand. She hugged me back as tight as she could, she wasn't saying anything until.

"Eva...please...take me home" her eyes filled with tears. She's definitely not okay.

I did what she said, I dropped the ice cream, I grabbed her right hand and run out of the store.

"Eva honey, are you okay?" My mom asked when she saw me.

"Uber is waiting so we don't have to take another walk, do you have your ice cream?" My dad asked and stand beside my mom. Y/n started shaking and she squeezed my hand. I pulled her in another hug.

"It's okay, I'm here" I whisper in her ear. She started crying and nuzzled in my neck.

"Y/n?" My mom asked.

"Please don't ask questions, can she stay with us?"

"Yes of course" my dad said. We got in the Uber, my dad in the passager seat. Y/n and my mom on both of my sides in the back seat. I grabbed Y/n's hand and intertwined our fingers. She laid her head on my shoulder and I smiled, for the first time in month.

.
.
.

"Keep the change" My mom said and the Uber driver smiled.

"Thank you ma'am"

"You're welcome"

"Eva go, I'm gonna take Y/n to your room" My dad said and I nodded with a smile. I quickly run to my room and couple of minutes later my dad walked in and placed her on my bed.

"Thank you dad"

"You're welcome sunshine" He kissed my forehead and smiled "Take care of her baby" He said and walked out of my room.

"I will..." I said and sit beside Y/n. I stroked her cheek and put a bunch of hair behind her ear. I was just looking at her when I didn't even realize I started crying. I turned my head away to wipe the tears and I felt her grabbing my hand.

"I love you Eva" When she said it, I couldn't keep it in anymore and just break down. I started crying uncontrollably. She immediately sit and pull me in a hug, the hug I craved the most. After I stopped she pulled away, she looked me in the eyes and smiled. I didn't waste a second and kissed her.

"I love you too, and I won't stop" I said breathless after the kiss. I grabbed her hand and played with her fingers. "I thought you were dead"

"Did you really belive my parents?"

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked, she looked down and nodded.

"Well you know that I..."