19 ✦ Flawless

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm so happy to have met you. I'm scared too; there is such joy and such pain. I've never wanted a form of eternity until now, I never saw the point. So stay, be in love with me too, be brave enough to hold my hand.

"PUT ANY MORE ON me and I'll be as red as a tomato, June!" You complained to your best friend, shoving her away as she aimlessly dabbed blush onto the apples of your cheeks.

She brushed off your complaint and continued to touch up your face, "The brighter you are, the more potential lovers you'll attract. It's true, I read it somewhere in my biology book." She interjected, jabbing her forefinger into the air and sticking her chin up.

Scoffing at her naivety, you bent forward to snatch the makeup pallet away from her, "That only applies to birds you dumbass!" You scolded, lightly flicking her forehead as she whined in pain.

"Hey! I still did a good job either way, you look hot." She said, gesturing towards your vanity mirror. You rolled your eyes, leaning sideways to get a good look at yourself.

You gazed back at your reflection, scrutinizing your figure and features. Patted onto your skin was a light foundation, tinted heavily with a deep shade of red all along your cheekbone. Your lashes were curled upwards, giving way for your (e/c) eyes to shine through.

You found yourself smoothen down the fabric of the dress you had decided to wear, it's lavish (favorite color) velvet contrasting nicely with your overall appearance. It hugged around your every curve nicely, as if it was tailored to fit you and you alone.

The little faults and flaws you tended to notice about yourself were now displayed as a form of art on your figure. You met your eyes once again, barely able to recognize the person that stared back at you in the mirror.

"Where's my thank you?" June teased as she leaned in next to you, speaking directly to your reflection with a tight smirk on her face. You smiled lightly, standing up straight and turning to face her instead, "Yeah, thanks."

"Don't mention it, babe, this is a small price to pay for fancy food!" She nodded her head convincingly, making you giggle in return.

Just an hour from then, you were to be one of the special guests at the UA mid-spring Ball. You were already nervous enough, to be surrounded by hundreds of Pro-heroes and more was a terrifying thought, and listening to June's idea to snag some food from the buffet table wasn't helping with your nerves at all.

"Listen! It's simple! Just dump, and dash!" She explained, motioning the action repeatedly. You sighed, lifting your thumb to your mouth and biting down on it instinctively. June noticed that, as she made her way towards you, taking your hand into hers and caressing it gently.