07 ✦ Sick

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I want it.

Want what?

Your last name, gimme

Smooth

YOU FELT ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. The piles of snotty tissues, the sore throat, the disgusting medicine you had to drown down your throat every morning, you hated it all. As you helplessly sat down on the piles of blanket you collected on your bed, you took a spoonful of soup in your mouth.

Yeah, you were sick, and as much as you tried to convince your brother that you were ok, he just wouldn't budge. "You look high and sleep deprived" his voice echoed in your mind as your frowned creased deeper. But in your defense, you thought you looked like that all the time.

Yet, you could tell that he had a point. Hallowed out cheeks and dark eyebags definitely did not suit you as a look.

Thrashing your hands out in a childish fit, you tossed the unfinished homework you were meaning to complete to the side. The medicine on your desk now lied alone and abandoned, the mere thought of swallowing the sour liquid made you feel a little more nauseous than you already were.

You glanced at the half finish portrait of Bakugo that stood at the end of your room, tracing the curves of his face with your eyes. The light sketches you added earlier making all the difference as his lips now curled slightly up in a soft smirk. Every detail on the latter's face was now in its light, each imperfection-

"Y/N!" you heard from outside your door, causing you to snap out of the daze you spiraled into and yell out in surprise. "Oh my god, what the hell do you want?" You screamed, leaning towards the door and meeting eyes with your brother. He frowned slightly, rolling his eyes as he picked up the laundry bin from your room.

"Your phone has been ringing for the past minute, are you gonna pick it up or what?" He scolded you, pointing his forefinger at your phone which was in fact ringing very loudly.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion when you noticed that an unknown number was in fact calling you, how didn't you notice it from the beginning?

"Who's even calling you? I didn't know you had friends." Your older brother smiled, making you stick your tongue at him as you pushed him out of your room. "For your information, I have plenty of friends, more than you'll ever have!" You yelled to his face, slamming the door behind you and answering the phone at last.

Holding the phone to your face, you kept quiet. The end of the line was also quiet, only slight muttering and whispers were heard.

"Yo," a voice finally spoke up, the deep raspy voice being all too familiar to you. Breathing out a breath of relief, you leaned down on your bed and rested on the palms of your hand.

"Why hello there Katsuki Bakugo!" You chirped through the microphone, a soft sigh of agitation didn't go unnoticed. "So, you try to sound like an edgy emo boy over the phone too?" You joked, dabbing a tissue on your runny nose.

"Cut the crap, where are you?" He asked in annoyance.

"I'm sick, so I stayed home." You explained briefly, taking a spoon of soup in your mouth, "Why? Do you miss me already Bakugo?" You completed, giggling when you heard him inhale a sharp breath through the phone.

"Don't make me hang up on you,"

"I bet you wouldn't,"

"Sure I wouldn't," you heard him respond before the line went silent and you heard the quiet beeps meaning he did hang up on you. You frowned, staring at the blank screen as you looked back up to Bakugo's canvas. "You're a real meanie, you know that?" You hissed at the inanimate object, going back to your contacts and dialing Bakugo up again.

Pressing your phone against your cheek, you furrowed your brows when yells and laughter made its way through the phone.

"Uh-"

"What's up sweet cheeks?" A voice cooed through your microphone, causing you to almost spit out your soup when you registered what just went through your ear. A light pink blushed on your cheeks as you kept quiet.

"Hello? Did I scare her away?," The voice continued as you realized that your blonde mess wasn't the one talking through the phone. "Who are you and what did you do with Bakugo?" you asked with suspicion, hearing a light chuckle through the phone as you leaned back interested in what was happening.

"Woah, so turns out ol' Katsuki does talk to girls! " The boy bubbled in the other end, "My name is Denki, one of Bakugo's friends, but you can call me daddy." The boy teased as you scoffed at the cheesy pickup line you easily recognized from Tumblr,

"No thanks, im good."

"Bummer"

"I'm y/n, Bakugo's personal painter and future girlfriend," you smiled lightly, "okay the last part is a joke but yeah," you admitted sadly, pouting as you heard the end of the line go silent for a second before Denki responded quickly,

"Nice to meet you y/n, I'm currently running away from Bakugo in a struggle to stay alive." Denki continued. You laughed softly at the boy's words, hearing his light pants and heaves of breath quite clearly.

"Shit, Bakugo found me."

You shook your head and then smiled lightly, "Sounds to me like you're in trouble," you giggled, before mercilessly sneezing into your elbow.

"Bless you, and yeah I am, guess I'll talk to you some other time cause your boyfriend is ripping his phone out of my hands and I definitely do not want my face to be blown off!!" You heard Denki rush his words through the microphone before his voice was cut off by a loud yell.

"Okay, THE DUMBASS IS GETTING A KNOCK OUT!" the blonde hedgehog you knew very well screamed, causing you to back away from your phone in surprise. "Please refrain from harming him, I actually kinda like him" you shrugged casually, picking your homework off the floor and glaring at it in pain.

"He's dead meat-"

"Plus, it would be nice of you to finally ask about how I was feeling, though." You frowned, cutting him off, tracing circles over the paper lightly. A soft huff of annoyance made its way to your ears, "Fine, what's wrong with you?" He mumbled through the phone, making you smile in delight and lean back.

"Not what i was hoping for, but I'll take it,"

"Hope is a fucking illusion."

"..."

"..."

"Okay, anyways, I feel like my insides are dying," you paused to glance at your canvas before continuing, "would you care if I died from this unearthly pain, cause it hurts!" The line went silent for just a second,

A quick whisper of response went through before the blonde hung up immediately, making you tilt your head and smile lightly.

"Just get well soon, dumbass. I
dont want you dying
on me just yet,"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

3am writing inspo hits different

Also, haikyuu ended and i have no idea
what to do with myself now🥺

Please, im gonna miss them sm

Anyways i thought this was a little rushed but i hope all you bbys liked it!<3

(Prolly will come back and edit this but whateva✨)