3

After hours of riding through the dirt of the woods paths, the siblings finally came to a large grass clearing

After hours of riding through the dirt of the woods paths, the siblings finally came to a large grass clearing. Which overlooked the city of Dorne.

The city was safely guarded by large white walls that stretched for miles. Many citizens of Dorne were now loyal to their new ruler, who happened to be a relative of its previous ruler, before Jon took over that is.

But a small percentage of the people were still loyal to Brennan and Arianne, believing one day they would return.

Just as Arianne was about to continue her dissent down the hill, one of their men suddenly fell from his horse. Landing on the ground with a thud.

"Ambush!" Brennan shouted loudly, alerting the rest of his men. More and more bodies fell beneath their feet, arrows puncturing their skin. Pools of thick, dark blood mixed with the dirt of the ground, as they began filling into the field.

Arianne's heart rate was rising at rapid speed, the fear coursing through her body. She believed she was going to die.

She clutched the ruff handle of a small sword tucked into the harness of the horse. Unknowing if she was truly willing to use it. If she was truly capable of taking away a life.

The Princess watched in horror as many of her men fell to the ground, swords tarring through their skin. Blood soaking the blades of their attackers. One man however, caught her attention. Brennan, in all his glory, fighting will every bit of strength he had.

Arianne admired that about her brother, he seemed to take the life's of men with ease. Unlike her. She couldn't bring herself to do it.

Her thoughts quickly faded to panic as the frantic horse beneath her, crashed into the dirt. The silver of an arrow head, disappearing into the beasts chest.

The high pitched screams of a woman caught the attention of Brennan, pulling him for his dark rampage. His eyes immediately scanned the battlefield for his sister, his anger turned into fear as he watched the horribly dressed men surround her.

Her face was completely terrified, the weapon shaking in her hand. He knew she wouldn't be able to use it. She needed help. And fast.

"Protect the Princess" he shouted, digging his blade into the torso of a man. His blood dripped neatly down the sliver, staining the Prince's face as he aggressively pulled it out.

The men cornered Arianne, pulling out their swords as they walked towards her slowly. The fear only grew from there, as she shook in her stance. She was going to die. She slammed her eyes tightly shut, welcoming her fate with open arms.

But it never came.

Instead a ear bleeding roar rumbled through Arianne's head. The entire battlefield came to a stand still, every warrior unsure of what exactly made such a noise. It definitely wasn't human.

Anxiously, Arianne squinted her eyes open in confusion. She panned them through the fear filled soldiers, unable to figure out why they had not killed her. But her questions were soon answered.

"Dragons!" A deep voice shouted, extending an arm out into the sky. Curious, yet terrified, Arianne turned to the cliff side where the man was gesturing.

Her eyes widened at the sight, the man was right. Three large silhouettes emerged from clouds, heading straight for them. Dragons. They were real.

The screams of terror from the men around her, sounded like faint whispers to Arianne. She wasn't worried nor scared. Her attention remained on the beasts in the sky, she was mesmerised by them.

Letting out another painful roar, they fired. The Dorne men turned a bright shade of orange as the fire engulfed their bodies. Looking close enough, Arianne could see the skin melt from their skin, As if they were candles. It was horrific.

All of the men from Essos had evacuated the field and ran into the darkness of the woods to hide. But Arianne stood back upon the hill, she hadn't moved, she just watched. She watched each of the men fall to the ground, flames flickering over their bodies, their chest rising one last time.

For some reason, watching them take their last breath was soothing to the Princess. She hadn't taken their life, but watching it end sparked something inside her.

The largest of the dragons landed down beside her, the ground lifting slightly at the size of the beast. Tracing her majestic eyes along the darkness of the dragon, each scale could be seen, his features more clearly. He was beautiful.

A sudden rush of adrenaline coursed through Arianne's body, unwillingly lifting her hand to its face. Once again it let out a small noise as her fingers brushed against it, it's scales were ruff and jagged. Just as she can expected.

Arianne had heard of the stories of dragons years ago, how Daenerys Targaryen used them to defeat her enemies. Through the years she lost the three of her dragons, and then she lost her self. Never in her life did Arianne believe she would even see a dragon, they were led to be extinct. But now she was touching one.

They were beautiful creatures. Feared for the right reason. The pure dark one seemed to be the oldest, followed by the blood red coloured one. And finally the white. Arianne only guessed this theory, based on the size of them.

The dragon suddenly pulled away from her and waved his large, transparent wings into the air, while letting out another roar. This must have been a signal to the other two, all flying into the air.

It saddened Arianne, seeing into them leave as quickly as they came. Only thing to prove they were there, was the charcoaled bodies of Dorne's soldiers.

With help from the unexpected visitors, Arianne was alive. And they had won their battle.