7

Many years had past since the visit of the Lothbroks, and they left behind a small present

Many years had past since the visit of the Lothbroks, and they left behind a small present. Months after their visit, Arianne realised that she was carrying the child of Hvitsirk.

At the now age of 6, Ævar Lothbrok was practicing fighting with his uncle. Brennan wasn't happy about the sudden pregnancy, nor was he happy that Arianne decided to keep it. But once Ævar was born, Brennan fell in love with him. Even if he was part Viking.

Throughout the years, Arianne visited the dragons often. They now lived in the cliffs beneath the castle, and protected the city whenever it was under threat. Drogon, was the one Arianne would ride on most often, and she even named the other two. Echo (white) and Kayda (Red).

While watching her son fight with his uncle, the sound of rushed footsteps against the stone floor caught the Princess's attention. Panning her eyes towards the sound, she was met with Greyworm and another one of their guards.

They also caught the attention of Brennan and the small boy. Lowering their weapons, the pair walked towards them, greeting the soldiers.

"Is everything okay?" Arianne asked softly, closing her large book, and placing down onto the wall beside her. A sweaty Ævar pulled himself onto the stone beside his mother, fiddling with the folds of her dress.

"The land the Lothbroks farmed has been abandoned, they left nothing but a few goats" Greyworm explained.

Light met with dark as Arianne shared a confused look with her brother. If they were planning on leaving, surely they would have informed them. Would they not?

"Thank you Greyworm" Brennan nodded, turning his attention to his soldiers. They both gave the king a nod in return before marching back down the stone path.

"Ævar go get ready, your going to see your father" Brennan spoke down to the small boy. Arianne furrowed her brows as her son made his way towards his room.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned, walking after her brother as he headed down the dirt path. She knew he was heading towards his study, it's where he always went to think about things.

"You will take a small army with you to Kattegat, speak to Ragnar. Let the boy meet his father" Arianne could tell he wasn't too happy about the decision. But he had no other choice. They had know why they left.

A smile appeared on the girls face, she hadn't seen Hvitsirk since he came. He never even knew Ævar existed. It would be good for him to know he was a father.

***

Brennan prepared ships for his sisters journey, instructing a number of men to accompany her. Tyrion, however, requested to join them. Promising to keep the Princess safe.

Arianne walked down the large steps of the castle towards the docs. Where boats were already filled and awaiting her and Ævar.

The painful shrieks of the dragons echoed through the land, the three silhouettes of the beasts flying over the castle. Arianne watched them in awe, as they circled over the turrets and over the sea.

"Are you sure your making the right decision to bring them?" Brennan asked, his eyes set upon the dragons above. After all these years, all the stories. He still wasn't too keen on them. They were beasts after all.

No matter what Arianne was told, how they were dangerous. She still didn't seem to think any less of them. Deep inside, she truly was Daenerys Targaryen. The mother of dragons.

"Of course, I trust you enough to protect the city while I'm gone" Arianne replied, taking hold of a man hand as he helped her into the boat. The boat rocked slightly as she stepped inside, throwing her off balance for a moment.

She had never journeyed far in her life, at least not as far as Kattegat. But she knew in her future, she would venture to many places. Taking back the seven kingdoms. She would be Queen, and no one would stop her.

They said their farewells to their loved ones, promising to see them in a few days time. They did not plan to stay long with the Vikings, only enough time for them to explain their sudden disappearance.

The waters were ruff and the waves would often splash the crew. But never the less, the view was incredible. The silhouettes of the dragons colours, reflected onto the waves.

Looking over the rows of soldiers, Arianne's lavender  eyes caught with her young son. He sat slumped over the bench, nervously playing with his knife in his hands. She understood why he was so anxious, he had never met his father before. And Arianne rarely spoke of him.

Being part Viking and part Lothbrok, Arianne knew she couldn't keep that side hidden from him. His love for fighting only grew as he got older. But he wasn't just a Lothbrok, he was a Targaryen also. Meaning he would have many enemies.

Enemies Arianne was destined to keep away.