10

It had been years now since Arianne had left,and frankly Ævar was beginning to miss her

It had been years now since Arianne had left,and frankly Ævar was beginning to miss her. He had been living with his father and his bitch of a wife, who didn't have an ounce of care towards him.

He was older now and more experienced with combat. Training with his uncles and often joining them on raids. And yet they were still to avenge the death of Ragnar Lothbrok.

Ævar had heard stories of his mother during the years. How she was conquering the cities and taking back the seven kingdoms with his uncle. He missed his family, but he loved being a Viking.

They were planning on going to raid Wessex and take over the city. But most of their warriors were lost in their last battle.

Sat at the large table of the great hall with his uncles, Ævar listened to their plans. Assemble a great army and raid England, killing the men that murdered his grandfather. But still they had no men.

"I have a suggestion" he spoke up. All heads turned to him, waiting on him to continue. "I will sail back to Essos to ask my mother for warriors, she may even send a dragon"

"We don't want to burn the city Ævar, there will be no need for you to bring your mother into this" Hvitsirk argued. Crossing his arms over his chest.

"You just don't want to see her, that's why you don't approve. You would never have seen her again if I wasn't the cause of you not keeping in your pants" Ævar grew more and more infuriated with his father.

His short temper was pasted down the bloodline, along with his close relationship with Ivar. He had to watch his uncles bicker on a daily basis, over stupid reasons that only they knew about.

"You are not going to see your mother and that's final" his fathers words were enough for Ævar to lose it. Without thinking he took hold of his axe in his belt, and threw it at Hvitsirk. Luckily missing and hitting the wall behind him.

The brothers stood in shock as the boy stormed out, except from Ivar. Who had a smirk painted on his face at his nephews actions. He always knew he was strong, he just never expected him to try and kill his own father.

"Same name and same temper. It's like having another Ivar around" Ubbe commented looking at the door his nephew once walked from.

"Yeah except this one isn't a cripple" Sigurd laughed drinking from his horn. Once again starting an argument.

Ævar sat by the docks, watching the waves roll against each other peacefully. His anger had finally calmed and he started to recall what had happened. He couldn't believe he tried to kill his father. That would have started a war.

The sound of footsteps along the wooden planks broke the young boy from his daze. Followed by the weight of someone sitting next to him.

"Some outburst you had there" said the deep voice of Ubbe he had grown to recognise. Ubbe was one of the more responsible brothers, helping and stopping the others from arguing.

"I didn't intend to kill him, it just happened" Ævar shrugged refusing to make eye contact with his uncle.

"I know you didn't, Ivar and I have convinced him to let you go" Ævars face lit up at his words. He was finally getting to see his mother again. "On the condition that we all go with you"

"Wouldn't have thought he would want to see her, after all she is just some Princess he fucked" he snarled. Remembering the argument earlier.

"Your mother is a beautiful woman Ævar, my brother can try deny it but even he thinks she is" he reassured him. Patting him on the back as he walked away, leaving the boy alone once more.

Meanwhile Hvitsirk had took a trip to visit the seer. He was concerned about his sons growing temper and urge to kill. He knew the stories of the Targaryens going mad, and he feared it was happening to him.

"Hvitsirk, son of Ragnar" the seer greeted with his raspy voice. It sounded as if he was dying for a drop of water, moments and he would drop dead from dehydration.

"I want to know about my son, Ævar" Hvitsirk told him, sitting on the wooden chair in the room. His eyes glanced around the room when they fell upon the terrifying face of the seer. Scar tissue covered both his eyes, making it impossible of him to see. He was every child's nightmare.

"Ah I seen his anger got the better of him earlier today, your afraid he is going mad like his family" the seer said walking closer to the Prince.

"He nearly killed me, of course I'm worried he is going to be the same as them" Hvitsirks voice grew dark as he spoke. As if he had the urge to kill.

"Your son will not follow in the footsteps of the Targaryens"

"There's something your not telling me!" Hvitsirk growled as he clutched the handle of his sword. "Tell me!"

"Your son, will not be the only mixed child between Viking and Targaryen. And this child, shall be the most feared man to ever walk the earth" the seer explained.

Hvitsirks eyes widened. "Even more then my father?" He asked shifting in his chair.

"Even more then Ragnar Lothbrok"