12

Arianne joined the Ragnarsons on their adventure, strangely enough, she was looking forward to it

Arianne joined the Ragnarsons on their adventure, strangely enough, she was looking forward to it. This way she would be able to get to know the other side of her sons family.

Though Vikings were viscous and merciless warriors, Arianne could tell that they weren't all like that, and prayed Ævar would not become dark. Being a Targaryen, there was a high chance he would.

She soared high above the boats filled with their army. There had to be over 500 warriors, all divided into them, each with a set job.

Arianne could hear the faint screams, and startled people from the boats below each time the dragons made a noise. She wouldn't need many, so she left Echo back in Essos, she knew she would keep the city well protected.

Brennan looked up towards his sister, seeing her and Drogon dance in the sky with Kayda brought a smile to his face. She was happy, truly happy. Jon would have been proud of how far she had come. From being a scared, fragile girl, to becoming the Queen of Dorne, and having three fully grown dragons.

"She's happy" said Ubbe as he walked along side of Brennan, following his gaze up to Arianne. Ubbe admired the strength and leadership skills the young woman had.

"Indeed" Brennan replied plainly, never taking his eyes from his little sister.

"Let's hope we can keep it that way" Brennan tarred his gaze from her and straight towards the man next to him. Ubbe was around the same height as Brennan, so their eyes met perfectly with each other's. However unlike Ubbe, his eyes were filled with hatred.

No matter how many times Arianne tried to convince her brother Vikings weren't all that bad, his opinion still stuck. And the second eldest son of Ragnar seemed to love testing his patience.

"What are you implying Ubbe?" He asked in a deep, harsh voice.

"We've all heard the stories, your kind tend to go crazy when they are not pleased" Ubbe answered, his tone remaining calm.

Brennan tried to stay calm for his sister sake, not to mess up her opportunity to make new allies. But Ubbe had got under his skin. His kind? Vikings were worse then any Targaryen, and being the son of the worst of all was something to be ashamed of. In Brennan's eyes anyway.

Glancing down from above, Arianne noticed the sudden movement of one of the boats. Squinting her eyes to get a closer look, she soon realised that it was Brennan, and Ubbe, one of Ævars uncles. Both holding theirs swords firmly in their hands.

Many of the crew and Ubbe's family rushed to assist, attempting to end a war before it started. Ævar got in the middle of the two, knowing neither one of them would dare harm him. His father for one would be furious, possibly willing to kill them. And on the other hand his mother could fry them in this very moment. It was their choice, they would chose their own fate.

As Arianne noticed her son stand in between the two ticking time bombs, she feared for his life. Edging Drogon to fly down, he let out a large roar, all eyes turning to them. Flying steadily, he lay his neck over the edge of the boat to allow Arianne to climb off, before he flew back into the air.

The fighting stopped, all eyes on her as she walked towards the opposite end of the boat. Her posture remained calm and elegant, the complete opposite from what she was feeling on the inside. Which would not long stay hidden.

As she approached her brother, her hand suddenly came into contact with his face. Hard. Taken aback by her sudden action, all closest to her moved back slightly, not wanting to be next.

Pulling his face back into view, Arianne could see the large red mark her hand had left behind. The boat fell silent after that, every set of eyes pointed towards the white haired girl.

"I said I would help you, I am not going to let you kill each other in the process" she snapped, her eyes burning wholes through the culprits.

She didn't know why it happened, and she didn't necessarily want to either. There was no need, her brother was no child. Though he acted as if he was one in some moments.

Arianne stayed on the boat, listening to the stories her son would tell him of his childhood in Kattegat. He enjoyed learning how to fight by the Ragnarsons, after all they were the best fighters to be known.

He was happy, and therefore Arianne was happy. Though she missed out on those years of his childhood, she was glad he got to know Hvitsirk. But she couldn't figure out if he felt the same. She could tell Hvitsirk loved his son, his smile and bright eyes showed it. But Arianne noticed that he didn't always seem happy.

When his brothers would fight, he would always stay quiet. Focusing his attention on anything other than them. She couldn't blame him, their arguing did get quite intense. Bickering over not being loved enough by their mother, or only being favour because of Ivars legs.

Eventually Arianne ended up falling asleep in the arms of her son. The pair of them sleeping peacefully at the back of the boat, the stars shining down upon them. For the first time in many years, Brennan saw her smile a true smile.