5

Arianne sat at the large table in the middle of the throne room, listening to her brother bicker with one of his men

Arianne sat at the large table in the middle of the throne room, listening to her brother bicker with one of his men. Ever since finding out he was a Targaryen, it seemed to make his ego grow. He was now an ignorant bastard.

She lifted her golden cup to her lips, pouring in the dark red liquid. The bitterness caused her nose to scrunch as she swallowed, the potency of the wine burning her throat. She never drunk alcohol much, only when she had nothing better to do with her time.

Brennan soon joined her, pouring his own cup and chugging it down. His strops always brought him to the bottle, with Tyrion as an influence, Arianne expected nothing less.

"I wish to find the dragons" Arianne spoke, interrupting the silence that echoed between the siblings. Brennan's dark, enraged features burned through the girl, his eyes never leaving her as he gulped down the rest of the alcohol.

"You are a fool. A disgrace to the family name" he spoke to her as if she was nothing. A simple slave. His words filled with venom and hate.

"I'm no fool! And I am not your enemy!" Arianne argued, her hands slamming into the wood of the table. Brennan flinched at the sudden movement, him and his sister fought like Vikings and Christians. But he had never seen her so angry. "We are Targaryens. We are dragons."

Looking at the light lavender of her eyes, Brennan swore he saw them change. Only for a moment, a mere second. But it happened. He feared she would grow dark, like his aunt once did. She looked like her, she could change like her.

The large wooden door suddenly burst open, the sound of hurried footsteps, echoed through the room. Metal armour clashing together as soldiers ran towards them.

"My lord, your Grace. There is two visitors I recommend you meet" Greyworm greeted. They never received visitors, this was something knew.

"Bring them to us" Brennan ordered through clenched teeth, his eyes remaining on the girl in front of him. The siblings were very competitive, and very stubborn. Neither of them daring to look away first.

The sound of footsteps against the stone floor made the pair turn from one another towards the sound. Arianne's eyes widened in amazement, stood before her was the man she grew up hearing stories about. The man who men feared, the merciless Viking.

"Ragnar Lothbrok, to what do we have the honour" Arianne greeted with a smile, sitting back down at the table. Brennan glanced between the two men standing in front of him, before taking a seat on the throne. The one his father sat upon many years before.

Unlike Arianne, Brennan never found the stories of the Vikings entertaining. Instead he loathed them. To him, they were vicious, untrustworthy animals. Slaughtering innocent woman and children, in the most brutal way possible. And Ragnar was the worst of the lot.

"Princess, Prince. This is my son Hvitsirk" he replied plainly, shoving the man forward. Arianne scanned over the man, he was rather handsome. Tall, seemed brave, although not one of her usual types of men, he intrigued her.

Hvitsirk felt the same, his dark eyes met with the gorgeous purple of Arianne's. He hadn't seen a more beautiful woman. Never leaving Kattegat, he grew up with slaves or warriors for women. Nothing like the Princess.

"We are here to see your father, Jon Snow"

"He's dead." Brennan's voice was cold and emotionless as he spoke. It had been years after his death, everyone knew he had died. To him Vikings were always stupid, he never understood why his father trusted them. "I'm king now"

Ragnars demeanour dropped entirely. Turning his gave towards the Princess he noticed how she stared at his son. And how he stared back. This sparked an idea in Ragnars head. Combining the two bloodlines would make them unstoppable.

"Ari give me a moment with this man" Brennan ordered, he didn't seem to pleased about Vikings being in his castle. He never trusted them. Never would.

Arianne was pulled from her gaze and gave her brother a small nod. "Hvitsirk, would you care to join me?" She asked softly. The tone she used was calm and welcoming, the complete opposite of the way she spoke to Brennan only moments before.

Walking down the small steps towards the two men, her white dress trailing behind her. Arianne's eyes were fixed on the young Viking, something about him enchanted her.

With a small nod, Hvitsirk followed the strange woman out of the doors and through the corridors. He had never been in a castle before, actually it was his first time out of Kattegat.

"So what's it like being the son of Ragnar" Arianne questioned. Her dress blew through the wind, slightly showing off parts of her exposed thigh. It was only for a second but the man saw.

"Um- there are many of us. Only a small number destined to follow in our father's footsteps" he choked out, his eyes remaining on the girl. He had been with many girls in his life, but he had never been with a Princess. One like her anyway.