❥A very Happy Birthday

That was probably the best gift of my life.

Present- 2021 (or whichever year you are reading this)

I sighed and fell down on my couch. The TV remote was only a few meters away from me. But, my lazy ass didn't want to go and pick it up. I stared at the blank TV screen. Cold wind entered my room brushing against my hair making it fall on my face. I didn't even have the energy to brush it off. My fingers felt numb and my eyes wouldn't close. I kept on staring, though I was tired, sleep didn't come to me easily.

I exhaled slowly, gathering all the energy left in me and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

6:30 pm

The screen told me. I looked out the window to find the sun set in the sky. It sat within that sky, that summer-fruit hued throne, as if it looked over the earth, stretching out with sepia tones to everyone below. As if God graffitied rainbow-flame upon the evening sky, the sunset came in its boldest blaze.

Such a beautiful view.

I thought shifting my eyes to my lock screen image.

A selfie of me and him...

I threw my phone back on the couch and laid back down. Everyday I thought I would remove that picture and put a picture of me, alone. But everyday I failed to remove it. Everyday that picture would remind me of him, of what he did, yet everyday my fingers wouldn't be able to remove it. 

I brushed the thought of my mind. I had wept enough tears for him, but not anymore. I wouldn't let him break me again.

I got up and went into the kitchen to cook some mac and cheese. 

"I've spent all of the love I saved~ We were always a losing game. Small town girl in a big arcade, I got addicted to a losing game~" 

I sang the new song I had just found on Spotify while cooking. 

I was almost down with my mac and cheese when my phone buzzed. I picked it up to look at the text message which popped up on my screen.

"I know it's your birthday today, come down right now in a sexy, short, black dress. We're going to the club. No excuses."- Sunhee

God, this girl. Meet Sunhee, the one who ensured I never forgot my own birthday. My eyes travelled back and forth between the delicious, mouth watering mac and cheese and Sunhee's text message.

"No clubs. My Mac and Cheese is gonna go cold."

I replied and in less then a fraction of second, Sunhee's message popped up again.

"No fucking way. Wait, I'm coming up."

I went towards the door and opened it, revealing a very very angry Sunhee.

"Hello Miss Kim Y/N" Sunhee mocked me and I rolled my eyes.

"Sunhee, for god's sake-" she cut me off saying.

"Or should I say Miss Virgin-Forever-Kim-Y/N" she teased me again

"Sunhee, you know I hate clubs." I said making a "duh" face

"Y/N, you've become 22! When will your brain start functioning? Clubs have disco lights and shots and loud music and sooooo many hot guys!!" she said motioning with her hands. 

"Sunhee, Sunhee my dear Sunhee" I said sitting down on a chair while she sat in front of me.

"Yes, your highness."