Chapter 2- Now everything is clear

I hear a metallic voice.

"In-sert de-sti-na-ti-on sir!"

"10 philip gurfield street, los angeles, mayor's house."

I don't understand, where are we going?

I'm confused but at the same time I feel like things couldn't be clearer. There is a world outside of Opico, just as 73 once told me, I'm increasingly convinced that we made him disappear to keep everyone in Opico from learning the truth, although I still can't understand why the mayor is lying to us.

I feel like I've been inside this trunk for 2 years, how far away can this LA be and why does the mayor have a house there?

"Great to use Ipecno huh" says pec60, "But I don't understand why we always have to go to the mayor's house to get his stuff, we are collaborators yes, not his slaves."

And then we would be the suckers, when I come back I will tell everything, I will tell everything!

After an infinite amount of time Hypecno finally stops.

I wait for pec60 and pec32 to get out of the trunk.

"Goal reached! Get out of the vehicle!

"Arrived at last! Let's go get that suitcase and don't forget the atomizing sigh, or else the mayor will make us come back here again." says pec60.

"Yeah, right. Let's not forget anything." replies pec32 .

"Ipecno charge!" he continues.

"Ipe-cno in char-ge ser."

"Come on let's go."

Realizing it's time to get out, I open the hatch and move quickly.

I start walking, as fast as I can.

I look around, everything is so strange.

The people around me are wearing colorful clothes and look happy. When I look up I realize that the sky is above us. Opico I don't see it anymore.

I walk, walk, walk.

I arrive in an area full of people, there are many flowers but they are not the ones in Opico in the square, they are gigantic flowers, some three times as big as me or even more. The petals are very long and green while the stem is very thick and brown.

There are so many of them all over a street, both on one side and the other. I see many places, but none similar to Opico's. I go into one of them, it's full of them.

I walk into one of them, it's full of brightly colored clothes.

I approach the counter.

"Excuse me, who is distributing these clothes, is the mayor in charge of them by any chance?"

I see that the girl at the counter laughs, I laugh reflexively but I really don't understand.

"So sorry eh!" she says to me, maybe because she notices my confused expression.

"We sell the clothes, people come in and pick out the ones they like the most so afterwards they can wear them to go around town."

"That's strange, in Opico we don't buy the clothes, the mayor provides us with the clothes, since always actually"

"We citizens are all dressed the same."

"Opico? I don't know this place, is it in Europe?"

Europe?

"Yes yes, in Europe!" I reply.

"Well thank you for being so kind, I'll continue my walk outside."

"Sure! Have a nice day!"

I continue walking.

Maybe we are not so far from Opico, there is sky here too.

I walk closer and notice that some people are throwing themselves into the sky, we in Opico don't do that.

Then why are they all wet when they come out?

In this place it seems to me that something is missing.

A girl approached me, one of those who had thrown herself into the sky.

"Look this is the sea and we dive in, it's called taking a bath."

Maybe I was thinking out loud.

"Maybe some wheels are missing on you, how can you think this is the sky, you don't know the sea?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I'm not from here. I'm from Opico and the sea doesn't exist there."

"Opico? I don't know it."

"It's in Europe," I answer.

"Oh I see, how was the flight? It must have taken many hours by plane to get here!"

"Plane? I arrived by Ipecno, but yes, it took an infinite amount of time!"

"And what would an Ipecno be? I don't know anything of that name."

"Maybe your mayor won't let you use them, ours won't either but I hid in the trunk and now I'm here!"

"What are you talking about? You're weird my friend but I like you! What's your name?"

"08, you?"

"I'm Sophie, 08 is kind of a weird name. Come on I'll see you around!"

Sophie, and then it would be my name that would be weird!

I'm still walking.

There are these big buildings, I think they're the houses 73 was talking about.

They're really gorgeous, everything is gorgeous

As I walk I feel something is wrong, I look behind me and....

IT'S PEC60 AND PEC32!

"And what are you doing here, huh?"

"Okay calm down... I was in the trunk because I wanted to hide from you, I didn't want to get in trouble."

"You did, now you're going to have to deal with the mayor."

"Guys it's beautiful here, why don't we stay a while? Then you'll take me to the mayor, I promise not to run away"

"Well the boy is right, we have traveled a lot, let's relax a little in this paradise!" says pec32.

"Alright, but just a little! And you kid remember I'm watching you" replies pec60

It's great, everything around me is great, I wish I could stay here, but I know it's not possible.

As we walk I see a club, it looks similar to our Chipstick.

"pec60 pec32 stop by! Let's have a drink, this looks like a nice club!"

We walk in and start drinking the strange drinks at this place. I get a nice lemon tea.

I talk to pec32 for a bit and realize that if I can get close enough to him I can get the mayor to listen to me.

My mind is made up! I want to be able to use an Ipecno and come here whenever I want, do whatever I want, take a bath maybe, and in return I will be a collaborator with the mayor is I will not tell anyone what I found out, I will not talk about the lies the mayor has been telling us all along.

Now I know that he lies to us, he keeps reality from us, what I want to find out is why!

I convince pec60 and pec32, they support me, I will also become a collaborator of the mayor!

After tea we went back to our Ipecno.

It's time to go back to Opico.