Chapter 3- The Pact

After an endless journey we are in Opico! I can't wait to talk to the mayor.

"This is it 08, your time has come!"

My time has come!

We start walking towards the square in Opico, that's where the mayor spends his days. There is a desk there and whoever needs a consultation can go and ask the mayor.

After about ten minutes we arrive at the square, I must admit that I missed the sky of Opico.

"Hello Mr. Mayor!" says pec60.

"Hello sir!" adds pec32.

"What have you come to do? And why is this boy with you?" says the mayor.

I see his confused face.

"Sir we brought your things," pec60 whispers.

"The boy is here because he found out everything, he knows every thing of the other world, he hid in the trunk of the Ipecno with which we went to get his things" he adds.

"Boy! Why did you hide? Now you will suffer the consequences."

"The boy also has an offer to make you."

"What offer? Boy what is pec60 talking about?"

"Mr. Mayor, I'm not going to breathe a word to anyone about this huge secret, you don't have to worry about me."

The mayor still doesn't sound convinced.

"I want to be your collaborator. I don't care that you lied to Opico."

"My collaborator? ahahahah" he laughs but maybe I can convince him.

"Don't joke kid, you can't be my collaborator, you don't know what you're talking about"

"I'm sure I can help you, I'll do anything you ask, in return I just want to be able to go back down there once in a while"

"Are you sure kid? As you can see it's not all sunshine and rainbows here in Opico."

"I know sir but I'm sure! I'll do anything, just ask me."

If she asked me if I'm sure I think she'll accept my proposal!

"Alright kid! You'll find out the truth about Opico and you won't have to tell anyone about it."

The mayor agreed! He agreed!

"In return I will allow you to use the Hypecno. In fact, you'll get your own and you can go down there 3 times a week" the mayor added.

"That's perfectly fine sir! Thank you so much."

I did it! Now I can stop doing all those boring jobs and do whatever I want!

"Now go back to your room boy, you'll be called later and you'll have to come to me. You will know the truth."

I nod and walk away, I go back to my room, I feel this weird feeling, I feel like after drinking three chipmik, I'm happyyyyyyy.

"Mr. Mayor, are you really going to tell that boy the whole truth? Are you sure you can trust him? He's one of 'them' anyway," says pec60.

"He could tell all and create a ruckus sir. Why don't we get rid of him like we did with 73?" joins pec32.

"Guys don't distress yourselves! He is not 73, 73 was too smart, he would have known we were lying to him and would not have kept his word. 08 instead he is so naive and then the only thing he really wants is freedom and we will give him a piece of it. He'll be happy and we'll have someone from Opico on our side, a mole can always be useful!"

"He will be useful to us, trust me. He will only know what I think he needs to know."

"Sir, you're a genius."

"I already know. Now leave me alone and in five minutes call me 08."

"Yes, sir!"