Chapter4- The half

"Here I am Mr. Mayor."

"Well boy, it's time to hear the truth!"

"I'm ready to listen."

"Well let's get started."

The mayor tells me that many years ago, before he built Opico, he lived in Los Angeles, that place where he has a house. He was very happy there but over time he realized that it was no longer the right place to live, his girlfriend had left him, he felt very lonely and misunderstood, so he thought of creating a place where there wouldn't be these problems, a place where everyone would be happy.

To make this possible he decided to leave that place. He asked a scientist to build him a flying vehicle that could go far, he took some of his things and set off in search of a place to live.

While on the road he found a platform and it seemed perfect. Thus Opico was born, a place where everyone can be happy and where suffering does not exist!

I understand him, I understand the mayor, I feel empathy. I still don't understand why others don't need to know.

"That place is full of suffering my boy, if others knew it would be the end, they would all want to go there to visit and I don't want the citizens of Opico to suffer like I have suffered."

Here is the answer to my question.

"Are you sure you want to risk it?"

I am very sure, I will visit it a few times, I will not live there, I will not suffer.

"Yes, I'm very sure."

"So, are we agreed?"

"Yes, Mr. Mayor!"

"Good, now go back to your chores. I will call you when I need you."

"All right, Mr. Mayor, goodbye."

Now I have what I want!

"Ah boy!"

"Yes?

"I hear you want a house of your own, you want to live in it with your 06?"

"Yes, that's right!"

"Well, your mayor will get you your own house! But don't tell anyone he got it from me."

"Thank you very much Mr. Mayor!"

I walk back to my room. What a good person our mayor is, he really is a good person.

Now I'll be able to have a Hypecno and a house of my own! I will be able to live with my 06.

Ahh 06.

The most beautiful citizen of Opico, my partner, the one with whom I share my life in Opico.

When we are born we come into the world in 2, with us there is already our other half but once we grow up it is up to us to recognize her among all. The mayor says that in Opico you struggle and it is right to struggle to find your other half. Mine is 06. I'm sure!

She is so beautiful, with her honey-colored hair and eyes the color of the Opico sky. I am very lucky, in fact we are very lucky.

When she hears that I have become a collaborator with the mayor! I'm sure she will be proud of me! Besides, now we'll have a house of our own.

I run to tell her all about it.

"06! 066666!"

"08! What happened to you? I haven't seen you all day."

"I have some great news. Thanks to our efforts in Opico, we were able to earn a house!"

"Really? A house?"

"Yes, a house! Are you happy for us?"

"I'm so happy! We have a house!"

"How wonderful 06! So nice!"

I couldn't be happier than this.

"That's wonderful half of me. I have to run now though, I have to get back to work. I'll see you later in the hall anyway for dinner!"

"Alright half of me. Have a good job!"