✮ 𝟎𝟏𝟑 ✮

the end of killian

WHEN Marlene was knocked out, she could see through another's eyes. She took a deep breath as her eyes moved to the cell bars in front of her. She could hear shuffling through the wall next door, and a part of her was worried for the pair in the cells even though she knew she was not actually there.

"Wanda?" the voice she knew—Aaron—spoke.

"She's here. I can feel her," Wanda spoke.

Aaron shuffled some more on the other side of the cell. "Marlene," he whispered. "I really hope you're safe."

"Are you?" Wanda spoke, but it was not Wanda in control.

Aaron laughed. "Y-Yeah. Yeah, we signed up for this. It hasn't been so bad so far."

"Where are you? I can—"

Marlene gasped as her eyes opened, the bright blue lighting up the entire room they were in. As she looked around, she realized she was tied to a table with another woman in the same room as her. Marlene's eyes widened as she recognized the woman as Pepper Potts. She was about to say something when the door opened.

Aldrich Killian, a man she had only seen on the screens, smiled at the pair. "Hi," he said as Pepper's eyes opened.

Pepper shook her head at him. "You think he's gonna help you? He won't." She was talking about Tony.

Marlene used her abilities to release the ties around her wrist by burning them with the energy. Falling to the ground lightly, Killian had not noticed her.

Killian continued with, "Having you here is not just to motivate Tony Stark. It's, um... Well, it's actually more embarrassing than that. You're here as my, um..."

"Trophy," Pepper whispered as Killian chuckled.

Marlene sneered at him, going into his mind but found it befuddled and hot. She shockingly fell out of it as she let her hands light up. Killian turned with a smirk.

"Ah, yes. Tony's other plaything—"

"You're a disgusting man," she said, sending a blast his way. Killian's body lit up in an orange glow like the man from Tennessee, sending his own fire blast at Marlene. She ducked before moving to hover.

Killian let his hand alight with flames as he placed it close to Pepper's body. Only then she did realize Pepper's body was glowing, too. "One move, I'll blow her up. Want to risk it?" Pepper was whimpering in pain, and Marlene could not let Pepper get hurt. Not for her sake or Tony's. Lowering to the ground, she let her body calm. "That's right."

Suddenly, another Iron Man machine walked in that looked like the one Tony's best friend wore. Killian greeted the suit. "Good evening, sir." When the suit opened, an older man fell out. "Welcome aboard, Mr President. Ever hear of an elephant graveyard? Well, two years ago, the elephant in the room was this scow."

Marlene saw Killian distracted with the President, so she walked over to Pepper. Using whatever strength she could muster, she pulled off the straps keeping her attached to the table. Pepper's eyes were wide in fear as Killian continued.

President Ellis was held by Killian as he said, "This is the Roxxon Norco."

"And, of course, you'll remember that when she spilled a million gallons of crude off Pensacola, thanks to you, not one fat cat saw a day in court."

"What do you want from me?" the President asked.

Killian shrugged as a man grabbed the President. "Uh, nothing, sir. I just needed a reason to kill you that would play well on TV. You see, I've moved on. I found myself a new political patron, and this time tomorrow, he'll have your job. String him up." When Killian turned, he saw Marlene protecting Pepper. "Oh, you're becoming quite the nuisance. I should have let them kill you."