✮ 𝟎𝟐𝟐 ✮

the milano and maximoffs

THE first memory she found herself inside was a different space ship than before, but she was still with Peter Quill. He was singing to a song that was playing on the ship's speakers as she was smirking at his crazy dance moves.

"Come and get your love!" he yelled, pointing to Marlene, causing her to giggle. "Come dance with me, Marlene."

"I can't dance, Peter," she said seriously. He rolled his eyes, walking forward to extend his hand for her to take it. "What if Yondu finds out I'm here? What if he finds out I kept the orb?" she asked. "He'll kill you, Pete."

Peter shook his head, twirling her once as another song started. He caught her, resting his hands on her waist to help her move. "You, my dear friend, need to relax," he said, face inching closer to hers.

"Yeah?" Marlene asked, a smirk on her lips. "How do I do that?"

Peter let a playful grin move on his face as his lips landed on hers. He tightened his hold on her waist as she kissed him back just as passionately. He backed her into the nearest wall as he tugged on her lower lip.

"How many girls fell for that line?" Marlene asked, reading his thoughts with a smirk on her swollen lips. She ran her hands through his hair.

He rolled his eyes. "Come on," he whispered, "you don't want that answer. Does it matter?"

"Not really," she muttered back, kissing him harder.

Before anything could escalate, the scene changed again to the ship's living area. Marlene was lying on the bed with Peter's arm around her waist. Waking up, she screamed in fear when she saw Yondu sitting in a chair in the corner. Peter sat up, chest bare as he cursed.

"Jesus, Yondu! Ever heard of knocking!?" he said, jumping over Marlene to grab his pants. Throwing a shirt Marlene's way, she quickly put it on. "What are you doing here?"

Yondu whistled, his arrow flying close to Peter's head. "You lied to me, boy. You said you got rid of her."

Peter laughed awkwardly. "She's good company. You've never cared before what I do in my personal time."

"If that planet finds out we have her, it'll be war. That Grandmaster is nuts," Yondu stated. He turned to face the white-haired beauty. "It's nothing against you, Miss Marlene, but I'm not having my son hunted down for harboring a fugitive as yourself."

Marlene gulped. "Yeah, yeah, you're right."

Peter's eyes widened. "What? No, Yondu. C'mon, I'll figure something out. Give me a few days," he said pleadingly.

Yondu whistled to call his arrow back. "Two days, boy. Two. When I come back, she better be gone."

Marlene nodded. "Thanks, Yondu," she said politely as he left the ship.

Peter sighed, running a hand through his messy hair. "Marlene, we can figure something out—"

"He's right, Pete," she said, walking closer to him. "I need to find somewhere the Grandmaster won't find me. Any ideas?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Peter kissed her once before sighing. "Terra... where I'm from. Nobody messes with that planet, not really. I can't go back there with you, though. It's where my mom died... it's not my home anymore," he said softly.

"Will I be safe?" she asked.

"Yeah, they don't believe in myths and stuff. On the off-chance someone does know who you are, it won't be very believable," he said with an awkward laugh. "We'll have to leave soon. There's a few jumps back there."