✮ 𝟎𝟓𝟎 ✮

the revengers

MARLENE was glad when they found Bruce after being lost in the crowd. She was nervous beyond compare that the Grandmaster would find her right away. Thor kept a hand wrapped around hers as she grabbed Bruce's shirt.

They all came to a stop as Valkyrie's face appeared in front of them. Thor took a step forward as Valkyrie eyed Bruce and Marlene—not recognizing Bruce and almost not recognizing Marlene with the different hair and eyes. "What are you doing here?" Thor asked.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving," Valkyrie asked with a quirked brow.

Thor shrugged. "I got sidetracked."

Valkyrie pointed at them. "What's with the," she waved her finger as she gestured to their appearances.

"It's my disguise," Thor said with a 'duh' tone.

Valkyrie shook her head. "But I can see your face."

Thor brought the blanket he had covered his head with over his nose and mouth. "Not when I do this, you can't. Your hair looks nice. I like what you did with it. Change it? Washed it maybe?"

Valkyrie simply rolled her eyes as she turned to walk off. Before she got too far, she turned back to them and gestured with her head for the trio to follow her. Marlene kept a hand around Bruce's arm as they walked through an alley.

"What are those things on her eyes? Are those the people that she's killed?" he asked rapidly. "She's so beautiful and strong and courageous."

"I can tell its Marlene because of your body, but who is this guy?" Valkyrie asked as they made it into a building.

"He's a friend," Marlene said, letting her hair and eyes change back to white and grey.

Marlene let Bruce's arm go when he walked forward. "Who? Me? I'm Bruce."

"I feel like I know you," Valkyrie said with a laugh.

"I feel like I know you, too," Bruce replied as Thor and Marlene both shook their heads at each other with equal grins.

When they reached a door, Valkyrie turned and took a deep breath as she tried to figure out how to phrase the next sentence she was to speak. Marlene smiled as she realized she wanted to help them. "Look, I've spent years in a haze, trying to forget my past. Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget, and to die one day."

"I was thinking that you drink too much, and that probably was gonna kill you," Thor admitted.

"I don't plan to stop drinking," Valkyrie said seriously.

"Oh."

"But I don't wanna forget. I can't turn away any more, so if I'm gonna die... well, it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag," Valkyrie finished.

"Good," Thor said.

"So, I'm saying that I wanna be on the team. Has it got a name?"

Thor turned to Marlene for help. "Y-Yeah, we've got a name. We're the uh—" she started.

"We'll call it the Revengers," Thor blurted, and Marlene turned to him with a scowl.

"Revengers?" Valkyrie asked when she saw the look.

"Because I'm getting revenge. You're getting revenge. Marlene's got a lot of pent up anger," he turned to Bruce while stammering, "D-Do you want revenge?"

"I-I'm undecided," Bruce said with an awkward laugh.

"Okay," Valkyrie said with a nod. She opened the door with a smirk. "Also, I've got a peace offering."