✮ 𝟎𝟓𝟕 ✮

saving vision

AS soon as Marlene could, she landed next to Steve Rogers. Killing the nearest creatures, she turned to face him in awe of the man before her. Her eyes did not fall from the blue and yellow, but Steve did not care. He reached forward, almost letting out a relieved sigh at the feel of her hand against his. She was there. She was real.

"Steve," she whispered before sending a quick blast to the oncoming creature. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize how long it's been."

Steve shook his head. "Don't. Don't apologize, Marls. You're here. You're here," he repeated. "New outfit? Powers?"

"Upgraded. Rocket says, anyway. He's the raccoon," she said with a laugh, leaning forward to kiss him once, his beard scruffy against her face as he kissed her back passionately. "Don't die, Rogers."

Steve grinned at her as she flew off, eyes following her body as she landed near Bucky and the raccoon—Rocket.

Marlene smiled tightly at Bucky. "You're looking well," she called before killing everything around them.

"Wakanda is a beautiful, beautiful place," Bucky said as he gave her a grin. "You told me you'd be there for me when I was ready. Where the hell have you been?"

"Space," Marlene replied bluntly. "All over fucking space. I like the new arm!"

"Speaking of," Rocket looked at them before nodding, "How much for the arm?" he asked Bucky.

Bucky gave him a look before stalking off.

Rocket grinned. "Oh, I'll get that arm."

"Leave my friend alone," Marlene teased before she noticed a lot more of the army coming. "I'm sending you to Romanoff."

Before Rocket could protest, she sent a portal that had him fly on the otherside of the field next to Natasha. Marlene flew up and landed next to Thor. He threw her Stormbreaker as she combined lightning and her own powers to take out the nearest large creature that had its own weapon. Marlene felt the strongest she had ever felt before. It was a liberating feeling.

As the battle happened around them, Marlene threw Thor his weapon back as Steve stared at the pair for a moment with a small, tired smile.

Steve panted as he pointed to Thor. "New haircut?"

Thor grinned as he rubbed his own facial hair. "Notice you've copied my beard."

Steve nodded, gesturing warily to his own facial hair with his arm shields. Beside them, Groot sent his arm through a few creatures while screaming.

"By the way, this is a friend of ours. Tree," Thor said, pointing Stormbreaker at Groot.

Groot growled out to them, "I AM GROOT!"

Steve gestured to himself with one of his shields. "I am Steve Rogers," he greeted.

Marlene grinned at his words before turning to the nearest battle. Flying up and away, Thor turned back to see Steve still staring at Marlene's retreating figure.

"She's missed you for years, thinking it was mere months. When this is all over, I pray you get peace," Thor said seriously.

Steve smiled. "Me too."