✮ 𝟎𝟓𝟖 ✮

to fail

STEVE immediately stood in front of Marlene protectively as Thanos stared at the woman in a predatory manner. Around them, Natasha, Loki, Sam, Okoye, T'Challa, and Bruce were standing strong behind them as the ugly Titan smirked evily. Marlene noticed his Gauntlet was filled with the Power, Time, Reality, and Soul Stone. Four Infinity Stones. That meant Strange gave up the Time. That meant he fought Tony.

She stepped forward as Bruce muttered, "That's him, Cap."

"What'd you do to Tony?" Marlene said first as if conversing with him was normal.

Thanos laughed. "What I will do to you for hiding not only one stone but now two... do you really think I will not get those stones?"

"Not really," Marlene quipped with a smirk. "Only I can find them. Only I have access to them. You kill me, you never get them." She was still walking forward, and she read his thoughts as her eyes went to the Gauntlet again. "You killed Gamora."

"I did what I had to do," Thanos said with a sneer.

"By killing your child? Very Titan-like. I almost forgot how ugly you were in the last few hours," she stated boldly, even hearing a snicker from Loki.

"You and Stark are too alike," Thanos said with a scoff.

"He's my unofficial father. He wouldn't kill me for power or a rock," Marlene said with a shrug before swords appeared in her hands. She felt her magic coat them as she portaled behind him. She stabbed his side just as the Hulkbuster machine came and attacked. "Now, Cap!"

Thanos growled in annoyance as he sent Bruce flying back into rocks—literally covering him with them. Steve was sent away before a single blow could be hit. Marlene dodged every attack as she used every trick she had, including portaling the Avengers around him. Thanos was aggravated, but he noticed that Marlene stayed by Steve and Wanda more than most.

The Black Panther was thrown aside by his throat as Sam's falcon wings were changed to rubber. He fell to the ground. Rhodey flew in with Bucky following, and Marlene was growing worried as Thanos continued to dodged her other hits. Natasha was tied up next as Groot and Rocket were almost killed.

Finally, Steve managed to get a few hits on him, but Marlene realized that Thanos had him a choke hold with a laugh leaving his lips as Steve struggled against the Gauntlet's power.

"Make your choice, Savior. You won't win against four stones. Give me the Mind and Space Stones," he said with malice, "or I kill him."

Marlene did not show emotion as Loki appeared at her side. "I already destroyed the Tesseract!" she told him.

Thanos's smile fell. "You're lying." He dropped Steve, using the Reality Stone to have Loki's body flung to the side in a puddle when the God tried to protect her. Marlene was about to put up a shield when Thanos sent a blast from the Power Stone. "You're LYING!"

Marlene landed harshly into a tree behind her. The impact had her bite her lip, and she spat the blood next to her. "I'm not."

Thanos kicked her, using the Gauntlet to shove away anyone who tried to help. Turning, he summoned Wanda to his grasped as Vision was sent across the field into a tree when he tried to grab her. "Bring it here!" Thanos yelled. Wanda shook her head, and Marlene did not budge. Then, Thanos had used the stones to have each Avenger around her on their knees with weapons directed at their hearts. Marlene's eyes widened, seeing Steve struggling. "Now, is that enough incentive, Savior?"