12

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter twelve ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Jeonga fell asleep that night feeling rather overwhelmed and worried for the call that she had scheduled with Yoongi in the reply to his second email

Jeonga fell asleep that night feeling rather overwhelmed and worried for the call that she had scheduled with Yoongi in the reply to his second email. She had a day off the very next day, and considering she now had a job, it would be harder for her to find any other time to arrange a call.

She had decided that she would just have to go for it, just be a little more cautious than usual and make sure not to reveal anything. Which meant she had to keep off of the camera as much as she can, and when she was on camera she had to keep her face hidden, she had already pulled out her usual plain, non-descript mask, black-out tinted glasses and a hat.

When she woke up, her stomach was twisting itself into a nervous knot, butterflies twitching and fluttering around it. It was supposed to start at around half-past one, and Jeonga allowed herself to take the liberty of beeing able to sleep in, and then lounge around in bed for an hour before she got up.

Finally pulling herself out of bed, sunlight pouring throught the translucent blinds that framed her window, Jeonga walked through into her kitchen pulling open the fridge and cooking herself a proper breakfast as one of her own unreleased songs played through the speakers.

It was one of her morning rituals when it came to having important vocals to do. Of course, she warmed her voice up with the normal excersises, but having fun with it was far more enjoyable. Rather than it being one of her full songs, it was only the backing track, and with more energy than she had had for a while, Jeonga found herself dancing around her kitchen as she cooked, singing the lyrics that she had written whilst trying her hardest not to burn her eggs.

Thankfully, the eggs turned out just fine and after eating the eggs, Jeonga moved to get showered, before pulling on the outfit she had decided on. It was all black, top consisting of an extremely high-cropped shirt, pulled over a black corset-vest. Her bottoms were loose jeans, pulled tight around her waist by a cord and ripped at the knee.

Despite her face being covered at almost all times during the call, Jeonga decided to do some simple makeup, brushing the curtains bangs back and securing them with hairspray, making sure they had some life to them rather than just hanging limply by the sides of her face.

Considering how late she had woken up, her breakfast had become more like her lunch, and when Jeonga was finished getting ready, she only had an hour to go before the call began. She spent that hour in her office, pulling open the curtains that seperated the main computer area with the rest of the room, which of course, was her own tiny recording studio, which she had transformed from a closet and a little help from her brother.

She used a good part of the hour making sure the recording booth was set up properly and fully; all the other work that she had done before her day off was done with it only set up to what it needed to be.

One o'clock ticked near and Jeonga began to set up the rest of her studio. She pulled the curtains across the windows, and fetched her 'disguise' from her room. And minutes away from the hour, she pulled on the mask, tucking the straps behind her ears. Then, she balanced the glasses over her nose and made sure the top of the mask was tucked under the bridge, finally pulling the hat over her hair, completely ruining anything she had done with it before.

The request for a video call popped up on screen, and Jeonga pressed on it, checking her appearance on the black part of the screen before reaching forward and flicking the cover off of her webcam.

Yoongi appeared on screen, a mask pulled over his face but still seemingly in the clothes he was in the day before, Jeonga recognising the top. "Hey." The girl began, and she hoped he could hear the smile in her voice, seeing as it couldn't been recognised through her eyes or lips.

"It's been a long time since we've done this." Yoongi greeted in reply, watching as ECHO pulled up her mask the tiniest of bits. "Did you get the version I sent you?" He asked.

"Of course." She replied, eyes drifting away from focusing on the idol she was calling and a couple of clicking things could be heard, and it seemed as if she was pulling up the file. "The person who finished that bit did well."

"Yeah.. she did." Yoongi nodded, having absolutely no idea that that very person was sat on the other side of the screen, a knowing smile hidden behind her mask.

" Yoongi nodded, having absolutely no idea that that very person was sat on the other side of the screen, a knowing smile hidden behind her mask

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]