08

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter eight ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Jeonga stepped out of the elevator on the seventh floor, balancing the package of food on one hand as she tried to reply to a message with the other

Jeonga stepped out of the elevator on the seventh floor, balancing the package of food on one hand as she tried to reply to a message with the other. And in the process, she bumped into someone, almost dropping the food. 

"Ah-" They said, and the girl stiffened slightly as she realise that shhe had practically walked head first into someone. 

"I'm so sorry." Jeonga's eyes were wide as she looked up to see who she had bumped into, and it was none other than Hoseok. "This is for Yoongi.. I didn't just come up here for no reason." She quickly explained, but the idol just shrugged, smiling.

"Don't worry about it. He's down in the end studio, the one with the rather crude doormat. I would take it to him but-" Hoseok began, signalling down to the various bags and sheets of paper.

"It's alright, I can take it. Thank you so much for telling me where to go, and I'm sorry I almost spilt his food on you." Jeonga smiled, and began to walk off.

"Oh-" Hoseok said, stood just in front of the list. "Given the fact you spoke rather openly the other day, I hope it wouldn't be too awkward of me to ask you to tell him that I said not to overwork himself?"

"No, of course not. I'll let him know. Thank you again." The girl replied, nodding her head as Hoseok waved the hand that had the least in, a few papers making a noise from the movement. 

From the male dancer's directions, Jeonga found his studio, a giggle escaping her lips at the sight of his doormat. Balancing a few things on one hand, she rose the other up and knocked on the door, clearing her throat.

"Food delivery!" She called, and heard a low mumble from within telling her to enter. "Good afternoon." She greeted, bowing slightly, and when Yoongi glanced up. 

"I didn't realise you also had food delivery on the list of your many talents." He commented, wincing slightly as himself and what he had said, relaxing when Jeonga smiled, placing the food on the empty area next to him. 

"I happened to be coming back from lunch when the delivery guy was at the doors, he had trouble getting in so I offered to bring it up." Jeonga said. "Enjoy." She smiled, heading towards the door.

"Wait-" Yoongi said, and Jeonga froze, terrified he had somehow recognised her. "This delivery guy didn't happen to have a drink, did he?" The idol asked.

"Um.. no he didn't. But I have one from the store, if you want one. Americano, if it's ok?" She asked, digging around in her bag and pulling it out, holding it out to Yoongi.

"If you don't mind, I'll make up for it another time." Yoongi nodded, placing the drink down. "And just whilst you're here, can I ask your opinion on this track I'm working on, but I'll just need to take your phone."

Jeonga hesitated - was this really a good idea? Yoongi asking her opinion on a track, something she would easily be able to give advise on - had she been there as ECHO. But no, she was just Kang Jeonga, the makeup artist-cross-intern. 

"..Sure." She finally said, placing her phone down beside where the food was. 

"I thought I heard that other girl mention that you like ECHO." The boy chuckled as he glimpsed the lockscreen. "Old coverwork of her's."

"I'm a long term fan." Jeonga said quickly, and hovered by his shoulder, looking over onto one of the many screens. One quick scan of the screens and she could tell what he was working on - a demo he had sent to her quite literally that morning. 

"I'm actually working with her on a project, sent one version over a while ago." Yoongi mumbled. "I've been working on it all day but I just can't seem to get this one bit right."

Jeonga let out a sigh as the producer pressed play, the melody she had listened to during her transit to work that morning filling the room. 

How would she manage to get herself out of this without exposing herself?

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]