09

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter nine ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱🗒 :: chapter nine ┊͙╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

It was an incredible melody. Of course it was. Jeonga had marvelled over it earlier that day as she made her way to work. If she was there as ECHO, she could have given her opinions freely, but without wanting to accidentally revealling herself, she could only give suggestions.

"Which bit are you struggling with?" Jeonga already knew, Yoongi had mentioned the exact section when he had sent the file to her. But, she needed to play innocent.

"Here." Yoongi moved it back to the specfic section, letting it play before stopping it. "I'm just not sure it's sounds right, like there's something off with it."

"I see.. maybe." Jeonga stood over Yoongi, staring at the screen. They used the same programme, so she knew exactly how to begin to edit it, it was just a matter of trying to get it across in a way that didn't make her too knowledgeable.

She hesitated, her mind racing, panicking. But then she realised - she was a whole other person, she could just make it up as she went along, create a story for how she knew how to do it. "Do you mind if I..?" She asked, Yoongi looking slightly surprised as she gestured to the computer.

He shook his head. "I should take a break to eat, go ahead." Yoongi said, moving out of the way, going to sit on another chair as Jeonga sat down in his other one.

The only sound for a little while was Yoongi eat, watching with somewhat wide eyes as Jeonga worked, altering the track in the specific section he had spoken about. A few minutes after she began, music played in the room, fingers on her left hand tapping to the beat.

Ten minutes later, Jeonga sat back, playing the whole thing through. She hadn't made too many changes to what Yoongi had come up with, but had done enough to make it sound different, and fit in better with the song.

"How do you know how to do that?" Yoongi looked slightly suspicious, and Jeonga turned around in the chair, shrugging with a smile on her face.

"My brother was really into doing this sort of thing for a while. It never worked out for him, but he taught me anyway." Jeonga shrugged, having come up with an explanation whilst she was working on the track.

"You know how to do a lot of things." Yoongi seemed to be thinking allowed, and he looked embarassed for the slightest of moments. "You can do makeup.. this sort of thing - next thing I know you'll be telling me that you can sing as well."

Jeonga could sing, she just didn't feel it necessary to tell him. "Either way, I hope that it's ok and I didn't ruin your track. It's pretty, so I hope I didn't make it ugly."

"It's perfect, I don't think I could have come up with it on my own.. it does remind me of someone else though.." He trailed off, looking thoughtful as he returned to his seat.

Just as Jeonga was about to excuse herself, her phone vibrated on the desk, Yoongi glancing at it and handing it to her. It was Minhee, telling her that she needed to be back soon because they had stuff to do.

"I should go." Jeonga said, picking up her bag from the floor and slipping her phone into it. "Thank you for letting me help you."

"Thank you for helping me." Yoongi replied. "And thanks for the food. I'll put your name forward in the next meeting we have if you want to, I could get you a higher position as producer if you wanted."

"Pardon?" Jeonga turned around, looking shocked. "Surely there's other candidates? Besides, I didn't come here to be a producer." She was being harsh and she made a face, pausing to take a break. "Sorry.. I just.. never.."

"No, I get it." Yoongi said. "Don't worry about it, it was quite impulsive of me. But if you change your mind, the offers there. Until then - you wouldn't mind if asked you for help every now and again?"

"No I-" Jeonga was cut off by her phone again. "I really have to go." She cringed at how much harsher the message from Minhee was this time, saying goodbye and thanking Yoongi one last time before rushing out of the room.

She had never revealed so much that could get in her trouble until then.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]