03

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter three ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Minhee and Jeonga sat silently as they ate, feeling awkward in the room of boys

Minhee and Jeonga sat silently as they ate, feeling awkward in the room of boys. The seven idols spoke quietly as they ate, but mostly focused on their food.

"You're new right?" A voice asked, and someone sat down next to Jeonga, who looked to the side of her to see Jimin, smiling warmly at her. For a moment, she couldn't exactly comprehend it, but nodded quickly.

"Yes, I only started a few days ago." She nodded her head again. When she had worked with Jimin, it had been so easy. His voice was so pretty and every track that she had produced or written he sounded so incredible on.

Another thing she could remember is that he seemed outgoing, especially in the limited amount of contact they had. Through emails, the faceless video calls, he was always asking her questions and being so nice to her.

And this showed clearly, as Jimin continued to ask her questions. "What did you do before? I mean - what work?" He asked, and Jeonga swallowed her food.

"A few places - mostly cafés and restaurants. Nothing special." Jeonga smiled. "I'm hopefully not moving back to that industry though."

"So you've wanted to be in the music entertainment?" Another boy asked, and Jeonga saw Yoongi looking over at her.

"Yes, for a while." She nodded, trying her best to act natural, although she was straight up lying to the man that she had probably worked with the most over the years.

In fact - every single year that she had been active she had worked with Yoongi. Not only on BTS's own songs, but also his personal mixtape - even featuring on a song. In fact, she had worked with Yoongi so much that in public terms, they were considered rather good friends.

There were countless emails between the two, many voice-calls and songs written and produced by the two of them. Essentially, the both of them should know each other, and Yoongi was someone Jeonga had considered showing her face to.

But then BigHit offered her a position as producer at their company - something they really should have done years before, considering the amount of songs she had worked on. But, Jeonga had recieved offers from many other big companies in the past and ignored them.

So she decided that if she were to work with any company at all - it would be BigHit. Then she decided to find out how they treated their employees, and how everything was there. Then she could join them, if she felt like she wanted to.

How she revealed herself to be ECHO, she had no idea, but maybe it would happen. Or maybe it wouldn't, and Jeonga would leave BigHit and return to how it used to be. It would cause a lot less hassle, but she felt maybe it was time for her to go more public.

"How come you didn't get into it before?" Jimin asked, and Jeonga gave a rather generic reply - she hadn't gotten round to it, wasn't sure exactly how or where.

But her focus was on Yoongi, and somehow she heard him say something to Namjoon. And the only reason why she noticed it was because she heard him say ECHO. But then, a slight feeling of shame came over her - and she didn't know what.

He had pulled out his phone, and was typing for a while, before putting it away. A few moments later, Jeonga heard the phone in her pocket make a noise, and she froze.

Had she accidentally brought both of her phones with her? Or the wrong one - the incorrect one being linked up to all her ECHO accounts. Yoongi's eyes were on her, and she quickly excused herself, rushing out of the room before anyone asked her anything.

Pulling her phone out of her pocket, Jeonga realised that luckily, it wasn't her ECHO phone, but her work phone. And it was just her supervisor checking up on them. Calming herself down from the sudden fright, Jeonga returned quickly, and began to clean up the mess.

"Everything ok?" Minhee asked, as Jeonga returned. She explained that she had just spoken to their manager, and also talked to her mother for a while.

"We're supposed to clear up, and if there's nothing for us to do, then we can go back to the building." Jeonga explained, and Minhee nodded, joining Jeonga as they tidied up.

They were just about to leave, when the pair were approached by a woman looking rather stressed. "Can either of you do makeup?" She asked. "Your supervisor said that one of you could."

"I can." Jeonga offered, stepping forward slightly. "What is it I would need to do?" She asked, acting as polite as she could.

"Oh thank god." The woman exclaimed, dragging Jeonga down the corridor, leaving Minhee scurrying after them. "One of the makeup artists didn't show up, we need another one to keep everything on time."

And with no other explanation than that, Jeonga was pulled by the unknown woman down into another room, where she would be face to face with the seven idols once again.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]