14

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter fourteen ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱🗒 :: chapter fourteen ┊͙╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

She had finished it. They had finished it.

It was dawn when the call finally ended, song written, almost fully recorded and produced. It just needed a few touch-ups here and there. But it was finished nonetheless.

After exchanging a few extremely tired goodbyes and well-dones, Jeonga had leant forward and hung up the call, finally pulling off the disguise that had kept her face hidden for hours and slumped against the back of her chair, exhaling unsteadily.

She could finally turn off her computer, the screens powering down and leaving her in the dull light of the glowing lamp. She would take down the recording studio another time.

But for now, she need to sleep. And so, she pulled open the door and stumbled through to the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water and slumping down on one of the counter stoools, hand twisted around the glass and sipping on it carefully.

Jeonga wouldn't make it to her bedroom. Instead, she fell asleep right there on the counter, utterly exhausted. It didn't really matter - she could just call in sick anyway. Who - in their right mind - would really miss an intern for the day.

But as it turned out, her supervisor totally wasn't right in the mind and Jeonga was woken several hours later by the sound of her phone ringing in her pocket.

Drowsily, Jeonga's hand pushed herself upwards off of the counter, the other groping around to find her phone. "Hello?" She answered, forcing herself to stand up and wake up even further. She barely even knew what time it was - but what she did lnow was that her back hurt, she had a crick in her neck and no matter how loose her jeans were that they should not have been slept in, and neither should anything that slightly resembled a corset or had it anywehere in the title.

"Kang Jeonga?" It was her supervisor, Mrs Kim. "It's almost lunch, you're late to your shift, is there something the mattter?"

"I.. oh I'm sorry." Jeonga blinked in the sun as she pulled open her curtains, dancing around on her bare feet as she hurried to try and sort herself out, phone held up to her ear as she turned on the shower to warm up as she pulled out a change of clothes. "I was feeling a little under the weather last night and I couldn't get to sleep.. I must have forgotten to set my alarm."

"Well - no worries." Mrs Kim's voice was awfully bright and Jeonga had a good idea that she wasn't exactly finished with that. "But.. Minhee has been given another schedule and she really needs someone else on it."

"Oh really?" Jeonga asked, making her way back through to her bathroom and settling against the wall outside. "I'm guessing you need me to join her?"

"You're so smart Jeonga." Mrs Kim replied, before losing the brightness and returning to the serious business-like manner she usually had. "Yes, I would love for you to join her, I can send you the address. And if you could be there by one then thast would be perfect."

"Yeah of course. I'll be there." Jeonga confirmed, Mrs Kim hanging up the phone and leaving the girl yawning, tossing her phone over onto the couch and moving into the bathroom.

She had to move quick if she wanted to be there by the time needed. And so, quicker than she had ever moved before, the girl had showered and changed - into a second pair of wide jeans, white shirt and a cropped cardigan, taking with her the hat she had worn the day before to hide the slightly frizz, still a little damp hair. Minimal makeup was applied and a facemask found.

The address wasn't too far away, luckily, and upon Jeonga leaving her apartment, she had made her way to the convenience store only a few buildings away and chose something appropriate to act as a lunch and breakfast, picking out a variety of snacks and a couple of drinks to last her until the end of that day.

Hurrying out of the store, she put her earphones in and listened over what she had been working on the night before as she waited at the bus stop, getting on the vehicle when it came.

And when she finally reached the stop closest to the address she disembarked, rushing across the streets and into the building, pressing on the elevator button so hurriedly it almost dropped off.

But when the doors finally opened and she hurried in, apologising to the person waiting beside her as her earphone cord wwas tugged out and the music began to play, she finally looked up and her eyes widened.

"Holy crap." She swore, eyes darting between the leader of BTS and her phone, from which the melody of the song she had made with Yoongi was playing.

And which Namjoon had overheard when delivering his groupmate's food.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]