20

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter twenty ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱🗒 :: chapter twenty ┊͙╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Jeonga stared at him. "You'll help me?" She repeated, the piece of meat almost dropping from her chopsticks before she promptly ate it. "To make a song?"

"To make a song, to properly teach you the ways of a producer." Yoongi shrugged, taking another drink of his alcohol without even flinching. "Just general things... just how things go. I'll reach you things, write with you, work with you as to produce it." The Min paused. "I'll even pay you - out of my own pocket."

"Oh no, no." Jeonga could have practically spat her food out of her mouth. "You can't do that... I couldn't accept that ever."

Yoongi grinned. "Fine. I won't pay you. But I will pay for this meal, okay? And we'll get more meat and side dishes." He raised his voice, calling for them and recieving a shout of confirmation from the kitchen. "Okay, good. We'll enjoy ourselves for the rest of the night. Are you working tomorrow?"

"Yeah.. I think I have some paperwork I have to do." Jeonga continued to eat, smiling up at him. She paused. "You want to start tomorrow?" She asked, eyes wide. It had only just registered, and in all honesty she was somewhat suprised on how dedicated Yoongi was to the cause.

And so, Jeonga would enjoy her meal. The atmosphere surrounding them was more than friendly, conversations ebbing and flowing naturally as they ate, topics covered ranging from Jeonga's brother - who certainly did exist - and her previous job, to aspects of Yoongi's job that she wouldn't understand.

Even before he debuted, he had been working towards his job harder than anything he had done before. Trainee years were hard - she heard about his transfer into learning to dance from his career as an undergound rapper (something she had heard a lot about but didn't understand as much as she wanted), about how he hurt his shoulder and how hard they had work throughout their early years.

And now they had reached a level of success Jeonga couldn't imagine.. well Yoongi hadn't actually said that, he wouldn't even try and brag about it. But it played on the girl's mind as she watched him pay for the meal, and insist that he walked with her as she went home instead of just sending her off on her own.

It was getting late by this point, the streets of the city not so alive as they could be, but certain areas bustling and filled with people. They generally avoided that, both for Yoongi and Jeonga's sake. But eventually, with the girl leading the way, they ended up on the subway, tucked into a corner.

"Sometimes I forget how alive it can be." Jeonga commented, a black mask covering the majority of her face as her and Yoongi came to a stop besides one of the stand poles, hands overlapping as they held it. It might not have been all that busy on the train, but there were still no seats available.

"You don't get out a lot?" Yoongi asked, deciding that he wouldn't even bother moving his hand from where his fingers rested against hers.

"Well... I do. With my new work it takes up a lot of my time and most of it is that, but just in general I sometimes go to a couple shops with my friends. Only around my apartment." Jeonga replied, making sure to keep her tone quiet, a smile on her face even as the movement of the quickly moving vehicle jostled her against him, just slightly.

"I'd say this is one of the more expansive things I've done in a while." Yoongi commented as they came to what was their third stop on the journey. "This one?" He asked, Jeonga pulled him off with a nod and walking alongside each other up onto the surface.

"It's not long from here." She said, leading the way down a few streets. "Actually, it's really close. That one on the end of the street." Their pace naturally slowed. "So you haven't really been anywhere else much?"

"No.. work mostly was in the label. I've just been going back and forth, kept in the building when I had a photoshoot." Yoongi replied as they came to a stop.

"Shame. But you've got a couple exciting schedules in the next couple months." Jeonga mused, hands knitting together as she looked to the doors into the building. "I'd invite you inside, but it's a mess and I couldn't tidy this morning like I planned because I felt sick."

In reality, she just couldn't remember how to lock the door into her producing room - was it a key or not? And if Yoongi was to come up, she would need to hide certain things that would definitely reveal a few things she'd rather keep quiet.

"I'd forgotten about that." Yoongi looked almost guilty, just glancing at the time for a moment. "You don't need medicine, do you? I can go-"

"Oh no, I feel much better now." She quickly reassured him, a smile on her face. "I should go up and try clean up before going to bed. Thanks for the meal, and for walking me back."

"It's no problem. And we'll start tomorrow" Yoongi smiled, watching as she nodded and turned towards the building and paused, before turning back and pressing a kiss to his cheek before continuing on, rummaging through the pockets of her coat for her keys.

Oh, he'd be more than happy to help her.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]