▼ Superiority Complex ▼

!!! Leave me some ideas I haven't done please!! I hope you all enjoy this book so far! Lmk what you think / want to see in the future. !!!

》A complex is a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes in the personal unconscious organized around a common theme, such as power or status.

》A superiority complex is a behavior that suggests a person believes they're somehow superior to others. People with this complex often have exaggerated opinions of themselves. They may believe their abilities and achievements surpass those of others.

》The symptoms of superiority complex may include:

high valuations of self-worth

boastful claims that aren't backed up by reality
attention to appearance, or vanity

overly high opinion of one's self

a self-image of supremacy or authority

unwillingness to listen to others

overcompensation for specific elements of life
mood swings, often made worse by contradiction from another person

underlying low self-esteem or feelings of inferiority

》Many of these "symptoms" can also be caused by several other conditions. These include narcissistic personality disorder and bipolar disorder.

》It's unclear why anyone develops a superiority complex. Multiple situations or incidents may be the root cause.

For example, it may be the result of multiple failures. A person tries to complete a specific goal or achieve a desired outcome, but they don't succeed. They learn to handle the anxiety and stress of the failure by pretending to be above it.

》A superiority complex is not an official diagnosis. It does not appear in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (DSM-5).

》However, not being in the manual does not mean the complex is not real. A mental health expert will use a combination of factors to determine if a person has the complex

》A superiority complex does not have a standard treatment. That's because it is not considered an official diagnosis.
However, a healthcare professional or mental care provider can create a "treatment."

》This plan may help you to understand any underlying issues for boastful behavior. It will ultimately help you learn to handle them in a more beneficial manner.