▲ Stress ▲

Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, or nervous. Stress is your body's reaction to a challenge or demand.

Stress can have both physical and psychological effects on the body. It can cause the release of stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline, which can increase heart rate, blood pressure, and glucose levels. Stress can also impact mood, causing feelings of anxiety, irritability, and fatigue.

Stress can cause acne
A study found that individuals with higher stress scores also had a higher acne severity. Research also suggests that we feel stressed we touch our face more often, which may contribute to the development of acne breakouts.

Stress makes it harder to remember things
When you're experiencing a stressful event or chronic stress, your brain may be overstimulated, causing you to forget what happened. Stress also causes your body to release hormones that make it difficult for your brain to create new memories.

Religious practices, like prayer and attending services, is associated with lower levels of psychological distress.

》In 2009, the top most stressful jobs were a surgeon, commercial airline pilot, photojournalist, advertising account executive, and real estate agent. The least stressful jobs were actuary, dietitian, astronomer, systems analyst, and software engineer.

》A small amount of stress helps you to remember things better but a large amount hinders your memory.

Stress has been called "the silent killer" and can lead to, high blood pressure, chest pain, and an irregular heartbeat.

Males are more prone to have stress-related disorders.

Exposure to stress hormones makes the cells in the body shrink. As a result, the cells get disconnected from one another. This is a contributing factor to depression.

Extreme or sudden emotional trauma can lead to "broken heart syndrome" (BHS), or stress cardiomyopathy (severe heart muscle weakness).

Scientists suggest that stress is part of the evolutionary drive because it has enabled humans to survive.

Laughing lowers stress hormones (like cortisol, epinephrine, and adrenaline)

》 A survey suggests that around three-fourths of the overall human population undergoes stress at different stress levels in a period of two weeks.

》The stress hormone cortisol not only causes abdominal fat to accumulate, but it also enlarges individual fat cells, leading to what researchers call "diseased" fat.

Stress affects people differently, and what one person finds stressful, another may not. Factors that can influence stress include genetics, personality, coping mechanisms, and life experiences. It is essential to identify and manage stress in a way that works best for the individual.

Some stress can be good
This type of good stress is called eustress. Eustress leads to a positive response rather than a negative one, like when you go on a first date or ride a roller coaster. This feeling is usually short-term and feels exciting or even motivating for people.