▼ Cheaters/Cheating ▼

This Is More Of A "Why People Cheat"

THIS DOES NOT EXCUSE CHEATING!! CHEATERS ARE SHITTY AND SHOULD GO TO HELL

Cheaters Might Fear Conflict

A cheater might turn to infidelity because they are scared of getting into a fight about something that's been bothering them. Cheating, then, is an outlet for these frustrations without having to address them in a way that might be intense.

Cheaters Might Feel Hopeless

If The Person feels there is nothing left. They have given up, but they don't want to put an end to the relationship often for logistic reasons (money, kids, lifestyle)." In these cases, the person they're cheating with can feel like a point of comfort and security when everything else feels out of control.

Cheaters Might Fear Confrontation

Rather than confronting partner/being confronted the person cheats. So instead of directly confronting the problem they avoid it and act out by cheating. This does not excuse cheating but can provide insight into the kind of.

Cheaters Might See Cheating As A Last-Ditch Effort

Sometimes, a person who cheats sees their behavior as a piece of a puzzle to save their relationship. They may think that cheating will be what keeps things together. They like things about the relationship; they love things about their partner (e.g. they are responsible, trustworthy, good providers, nurturing) but there are other aspects that are not there. The person doesn't want to leave but doesn't know how to pull these other qualities out." It's not sustainable, but it is a thought pattern that can justify infidelity.

They Might See Cheating As "Evening The Score"

If they believe their partner has done them wrong, the passive-aggressive cheater might see their infidelity as a way to settle things in a non-confrontational, but still hurtful, way. Instead of addressing their anger directly with their [partner], they feel justified in cheating as a way to 'even the score,' If they are unhappy in their marriage but too afraid to end it, they may cheat in hopes (conscious or subconscious) of getting caught,"

They May Have Issues With Power And Control

For some cheaters, the whole institution of monogamy is the problem. While these types of thinkers likely shouldn't be getting into two-person exclusive relationships in the first place, this kind of reaction happens. For some, the issue isn't with relationships themselves, but power structures as a whole.
Some cheaters have resentment towards authority or rules they cheat as a way to demonstrate to themselves that no one is going to control them For these people, cheating is a form of rebellion more than anything.

They Could Be Trying Not To Hurt Their Partner

Sometimes, cheaters think seeking intimacy outside the confines of their relationship might be the best thing to do for the sake of their partner. They may feel guilty about being unsatisfied and are afraid to cause the one they love to feel pain.