23. Paying Guest's'

#That's Alex :) And Please Don't Forget to Vote on all chapters.

"Now, take your seat...don't be too formal" I expected Lucifer Karson to be graceful and poised like the King. After all, he is his brother and a Royal Prince. I never really paid attention to him much before. I hardly paid attention to his wife until I and Delan witnessed the 'wolf' episode. Something Alex was aware of....that is a 'worry' for later. We need to address the problem at hand. So, Lucifer Karson - was a complete contrast to his brother. A very carefree air lingered around him, that whispered mischief and fun. Victor is so similar to him. Just that, Victor is unabashedly carefree and cheerful. But Lucifer has an image to keep, a calculating mind and that makes him all the more....dangerous if he is your opponent.

He sat on a chair, casually placed his hands on the table, and gestured for us to take our seats too. His children immediately did that while the others reluctantly did the same.

"Before you start" He looked at each one of us, "Evelyn already told me about your tiny conversation about the mansion so whatever 'fake stories' you had under those amateur sleeves of yours, chuck them back in and speak the truth"

"There is nothing to hide!" Victor laughed dryly "I mean, we didn't do anything stupid, did we? I don't hide things from you, papa bears!"

Lucifer narrowed his eyes at his son, "Oh, really? Where is my Eiffel tower paperweight then, Vicky?"

The fake cheerfulness on Victor's face wavered for a second but he quickly recovered, "What are you talking about?"

"My paperweight"

"I don't know" Victor shrugged.

"What was that Vintage car you wanted? Lamborghini...."

"Miura" Victor gulped.

Lucifer smiled menacingly, "Forget it"

"Daddy!! NOOO!!" Victor writhed like a 5-year-old, stomping both his feet to the ground and banging his hands on the table, "You promised you'll get it for me"

"My tower  was intact then!"

"I'll buy you a new one!!" Victor pleaded.

"But you didn't know about that paperweight, now. Do you?"

"Fine, I accidentally dropped it when I went to your study the other day! I had to clean it or you'll break my bones!"

Lucifer glared at him, "What makes you think I won't do it now?"

"Because I'm your only son and you love me?" He batted his eyelashes at his father - I would have found it cute but I also knew after the sweet banter, the focus will be on us.

"I love my paperweight more, Vicky...that's from the human realm and.."

Victor reacted immediately, rather happily, "No probs! We'll get it when we come back from there"

Silence.

He screwed us - Carter spoke into all of our heads.

"What do you mean?" Now, we are talking business. lucifer's stance changed visibly. He squared his shoulders, and leaned back into his chair with a more serious expression on his face - with evident doubt and mistrust.

"It's my fault" This made all of our heads turn to the source.

Delan.

"I shouldn't have fought with Alex"

Even Alex was clueless. 

"I had an argument with him about...about Noah on our way to the mansion. And we got into...a bit of physical fighting. I was yanking his jacket and some wooden box fell out. It looked like he cared about it so I angrily tossed it into the portal and he got upset"