34. Needed Conversations

"I can't believe this!" Sarah threw herself at me, "You are really here!!"

I guess I am. But I didnt feel the same excitement as them. I was too tired. I badly wanted to be in my bed. Sarah and John wouldn't stop thanking God for bringing me back.

Delan cleared his throat beside me.

Sarah noticed him for the first time and her eyes widened. I dont blame her. I really dont. But I expected her to start eyeing him like a treat. Instead, she glared and scrutinized him with suspicious hostility.

"Who is he?"

What do I tell her?

The question kept repeating itself in my head. Should I introduce them or drag him away from there? Will it be okay or will it offend Delan? Sarah wont give up though. She will pester me with questions but that's something I will deal with later.

"Is he the vampire?!" John asked and took a few steps away from him. I did send them the letter that I was okay. But I never knew how they received that. From their demeanor, they clearly see the vampires as villains. And for some reason, Delan was amused. He kept shifting gaze from me to them and then back to me.

"I am a vampire" He confessed, "Any problem?"

"You kidnapped her!" John glared at him, still maintaining a safe distance. I saw how his hand went to his neck and I couldnt help but snicker. Sarah frowned at me.

"What you laughing at?"

"He didnt kidnap me" I clarified, "That was someone else"

"Then who is he?" Sarah crossed her hands.

"She's been asking herself that question since ages. She still doesn't have an answer" Delan said, smiling at me warmly.

"Maybe I do"

"You do?" He breathed.

"Can we go to bed? I am too tired"

Sarah gasped at the word 'bed' and John moved even farther away. I said my goodbyes and dragged Delan away from there.

When we reached home, my mother was watching something on her phone. She looked up and smiled at the both of us. It was strange to come back into a house that smelled like Sage and sweetness. I was used to the stinking alcohol and cigar smoke. She said the food is on the table. She didnt bother to question us about our sudden disappearance. Honestly, I was in no mood to answer either.

Suddenly, I realised that Delan didn't have anything. The others must have filled their stomach with the blood they have. We've got none at my home. He must be more tired than me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him.

"No" he sighed, "But you are. Let's go check what's on the menu"

I was famished. I could eat up the whole Turkey if someone hands it to me. We found a colourful salad, sandwiches and fries along with Soda. Just the right kind of meal for me. I grabbed the soda tin first. My throat was too dry to handle.

"I'm sorry" he said to me. And I didn't have to ask why.

"So...you refused the throne because of me? Not because you love spoiling Noah?"

Delan looked at his hands, "I didn't want to rule having a woman I don't love by my side"

"Why didn't you tell Noah?"

He chuckled, "That I like you? I..."

He hesitated. I saw him struggle to tell the truth. If it were something else, I would have let it go. But if he chose to initiate this conversation now, I wanted to get everything out.