28.2 - Where it all began

Victoria

I paced around the house, looked at every indoor plant, analysed the coloured wings of a butterfly, said hello to that middle-aged man who came to deliver the pendant I ordered on ebay. I did everything to fight boredom. Delan wouldn't stop talking about the girl he met yesterday, he changed dozens of clothes, struggling to settle with one. It was very funny and also boring.

"I am not staying home alone when you go out tonight. I've listened to you and watched the entire season of that stupid vampire show yesterday. I won't do that again. I will go wander around the city"

"Sure" 

I stared at him, "Did you agree?"

"Yes" he smiled. 

Can love make men retarded? If Delan was losing his mind, I won't be the one to explain how it happened to the Queen. And if I am exploiting his happy mood, may the Goddess forgive me for thoroughly enjoying it. 

"Okay" I observed him for a long time and finally left my bed behind to help him. We settled on a simple striped shirt and jeans. That should work wonders for a night by the streets. Delan seemed satisfied and I sighed in relief. I wanted him out so that I can explore the magical place. Our Kingdom is undoubtedly the best place, happy and jovial. But being in the human realm, felt like a vacation to me. And not having my clinging brother by my side, I can finally do something that I love - eat ice cream!! I don't understand why Victor hates eating ice cream. He says it tastes like slime. I wish someone would treat his taste buds once. 

I've heard a lot about ice cream from Aunt Dylan. She said Uncle always brought her ice cream wherever she felt low or would be angry with him. I want to try all the flavours out there.

Of course, they dont taste the same. Humans find them sweeter but we can still 'taste' them for a change. They belong to the class of the magic foods.

"Hey, Delan!!" I called out to him right when he was about to step out. He stopped, irritation evident on his face.

"Where can I find ice cream here?"

"Google" He said and disappeared out of the door before I can question him further.

"Google?" I thought to myself. What does that mean? Is that the ice cream parlour's name? 

Delan gave me a phone, saying I can call him if I needed anything. We don't do that in the palace. We don't carry phones. We call the guards, intimate them and they'd pass on the message. The only people who carry phones are the King, his two precious sons who won't take a break from the human world. And I've never really bothered to ask them to teach me. My mother told me to go learn from my brothers but...I was stubborn - I didn't need it. I can't call Delan and ask him where Google is - not because he'll be angry (which he will be), but his date will be disturbed. The sun was slowly setting, the orange and red rays engulfed the sky, making it look like a canvas. 

How do I find this Google place?

I decided to step out and just ask someone on my way. New York is definitely a huge place! I've realised that as soon as I stepped out. There was that obvious chill in the night's air but not too uncomfortable for me. I grabbed a long jacket, shrugged into it and picked some gloves and shoes too. I thought I overdid it when I saw a few people walk around without them. But as I crossed a few lanes, some ladies had woolen jackets and even ear mufflers on. So, that makes me humanly acceptable. 

I tried to spot that Google Ice Cream Parlour somewhere but I couldn't find it. The people gathered around a few places that looked too tech-savy - I did find an ice cream parlour but it was too crowded. I wanted to be alone, enjoy the bites.