5. Bits and Pieces

When I entered the palace, I expected to see cinderella gowns and long Linen suits. But what I saw is a full-grown man running around the place while a very beautiful lady was running behind him with a bat in her hand. 

"I told you not to do that!" She screamed and he laughed.

"I'm sorry! Stop, already!" He kept laughing. 

The vampire sighed beside me and cleared his throat to signify our arrival. The man stopped and so did the lady. She was still fuming with anger. He was dressed in a normal hoodie that has 'Party till u drop!' written on it. His loose jeans added to his carefree attitude. The female was dressed in a tank top and leggings, as if she was disturbed during her meditation or Yoga session. 

"Aunt" The vampire beside me said and the female glared at him.

"This is because of you!" She accused the Vampire, "This idiot gets away everytime because you save him!"

"It's okay, Aunt. I will talk to him."

The man grinned and winked at her. I saw her face go even redder. If not for the man's goofy smile and vibrant attitude, you might take him for a dangerous enemy. He was huge like the vampire with me, has copper colored hair too and was really tall. When his eyes landed on me, the grin got replaced with surprise and awe.

"Is she the one?" He asked.

"Yes" The vampire answered by placing a hand around my shoulder.

Now even the female joined, "She looks pretty. Well, I can see the similarities"

Similarities to who?

I frowned but they continued talking about me. It felt like they didn't want to acknowledge my presence there. Moreover, I was surprised with what the vampire called the female - Aunt. If she is his aunt, I am Princess Diana. Three of them looked like they were of the same age. But based on how they behaved with each other, goofy smile is the youngest and the lady has the authority. And the biggest shock was when goofy smile opened his mouth and said,

"Mother, I hope you won't tell father about this" 

Shocked beyond recovery. She doesn't seem like she is older than 25. And so beautiful...

"In your dreams" She answered, "He will know about this as soon as he comes back"

"And then I will tell your mom about 'that'. You better save me from this" He threatened the Vampire.

I heard a low growl beside me, "First, I need to know where-"

"Big Bro!" The goofy smile completed for him, "I saw him in the library! Take her...take her!"

That's it. I'm so not dealing with their let's-ignore-her act.

"You guys are such freaks!" I exclaimed, "Will you at least say hello to me before ordering around?" I focussed on the goofy smile and his eyebrows rose in surprise.

"We hear that a lot around here - Freaks!" He chuckled, "But never heard that from a female"

I scoffed, "Do females even approach you?"

I'm sure they must. He didn't look that bad. If I have to compare between the two males in the room, I'd say the vampire has a sexy aura while goofy smile has the unignorable charm. But both are attractive in their own ways.

"Ouch! She speaks the truth" Goofy smile's mom says and he glares at her. She smacked him on the head and began to drag him away. Vampire took this as his queue and led me towards a huge staircase to the side of the hall. Just like those historical movies, silver palace lanterns hung to the walls, illuminating the place even though there were lights. Why waste resources? I wanted to ask but decided not to. I'm not paying the bills so it shouldn't bother me.