30. Now it makes Sense

Skylar

"Fuck him!" I threw the utensils into the holder and splashed the water on the cooking counter. I rubbed vigorously even though it was already clean. The soap lathered and my hand kept slipping.

"He shouldn't have thrown that diffuser" Victoria agreed.

"He shouldn't have done a lot of things" I muttered and continued to scrub.

"Like?"

She came all the way here to see Alex but I immediately dragged her into the Kitchen. I needed someone to listen to me and not make fun of my emotions. I would have trusted Sandy to be this person but she was already worried about Alex. Rochelle was trying to figure out how to make Chamomile tea and Carter was trying to look for other remedies on the internet. They were considering Flu but which Vampire has ever been down with stupid Human Flu!? I knew they were just trying to calm Sandy with their actions. If she thought everyone was trying, she'd at least stop crying. And it was working. To be honest, no one knew what to do. Noah is the only one who is least bothered. Even Victor was not entirely concentrating on that silly cartoon he was watching. 

"Like what he did three years ago" I groaned and threw the scrubber out the window. 

"You knew him three years ago?" 

I scoffed, "Yes! And he made sure I forget that! He compelled me to forget my first date with him! We've been to this stupid hill and saw meteors!"

Victoria stared at me, "Really?! It was you?"

"Yes"

"Were you called Winnie then?"

"No! He was supposed to go with Winnie..but I ruined that date so he had to go with me"

"Wow" She laughed, "This sounds interesting."

"He promised me a second date...he asked me out! I didn't ask him to take me out on Friday night! Mark my words - HE DID! And he never showed up!" I threw my arms up in the air. 

"No, Sky..."

"Don't defend him!" I growled lowly, "You better don't"

"I am not" She approached me and placed her hands on my shoulders, "Calm down and listen to me. I was there when he came here and we haven't left till Sunday. And Yes, He did leave to meet you on Friday"

"He did?"

"Yes! I helped him dress up. He had never been that serious about meeting anyone else"

"I remember, Victoria! I waited for him but he never came."

"That's what he wants you to remember." She said and bent back to peep out the door, just in case, Delan was in the hearing range. Probably everyone except Sandy and Noah was able to hear us. Thank God, Noah was asleep or else he'd start his drama again. 

"When he compelled you, he must have planted this thing in your head...that he never showed up. How did he compel you if he never showed up?"

"I always knew that someone ditched me on my date but didn't remember his face. Now that I know it's Delan and we've been on this hiking trip, how do I not remember this detail?"

"It happens. You are not supposed to remember at all but I'm surprised that you do. This means that he didn't put his complete will into the compulsion. We can only hope that you remember the rest of the part...or you may not too. I am just wondering what really happened that day."

I wondered the same, "What did he tell you when he came back on Friday?"

"Tell me!?" She widened her eyes, "He literally dragged me out of his house to go back! He looked so angry, frustrated...almost helpless. I thought you ditched him!"